Gamestation

Gamestation

Review of "Gamestation"

published 23/01/2009 | bikers1n2
Member since : 23/01/2009
Pro I had paid on my master card so my purchase would have been protected by that.
Cons One story from two members of staff then a total different story from another member?
How well informed were the staff?
How helpful were the staff?
How efficient was the service?
How good is their helpline/technical support?
Overall, how satisfied were you with the service?

"Mrs Conn"

Purchased a PS3 bundle from game station for my son for Christmas 2008. With the bundle we got two games and three films which for the price was the best package about. However one of the films was transformers on a blue ray disc special edition which came with two discs about a few days after using the first disc refused to let the son select the film to play despite the menu coming up took the film back swapped 1st time no problems at all staff very good!
BUT
here is the downfall the exact same problem arose with the the 2nd replacement film where the menu was coming up but it wouldn't allow him to select play so today 23/01/09 I returned back to the Merry Hill store in Dudley with the film and my purchase receipt .
Where I was hoping just to get another film to save keep having the same hassle and to avoid the son being upset again haaaa that's what I thought!
In the store told the assistant my problem and that it was a second film that I had returned so he went to see his boss whom told him that they would let me have the cost of the game off the other one but only £9.99 due to the reduced price done in the bundle. On the receipt it showed that I paid £17.99 so I refused that & they said all they then would do is a straight swap I said fine! Oh we haven't got anymore in? Ok I said just take the £17.99 value off that & I'll pay the difference you can't do that? but you can choose a another one of £17.99 or less strange I said I am will to pay the difference so what's the problem? I asked Just can't do that. Staff wouldn't Budge so I called head office only to be told that basicly they didn't give a damn it's up to the store manager. Fine I rang Consumer Direct (trading Standards) got told if they hadn't got like 4 like I had to do a recorded letter so I decided to have a look for a film worth £17.99 nothing so I asked for the full address & postal code as soon has I did they did exactly what I wanted and let me purchase the film at £19.99 and pay the difference of £2.00.
Amazing what a turn around I got.. it took me almost 30 minutes of trying to ask what the problem was with paying the difference the store wasn't loosing out I was willing to pay the difference but it didn't matter and the decision didn't change until I asked for the postal address and saw another guy whom said Why wouldn't they do that it wasn't a problem??
It does make me wonder WHY too after all it was only the film I was returning God help me if I have to go back to the store with the actual console!!
I wouldn't recommend shopping at Game station to anyone and certainly personally I won't again! Once they have your money your done for fine elsewhere for your goods is my advice!

• gamage2008 published 23/01/2009
    its a good review, good start

Product Information : Gamestation