Garnier Ambre Solaire Aftersun Soothing Hydrating Lotion

Garnier Ambre Solaire Aftersun Soothing Hydrating Lotion

Lotion

Review of "Garnier Ambre Solaire Aftersun Soothing Hydrating Lotion"

published 22/07/2015 | lucie2511
Member since : 22/06/2013
Pro Absorbs well, soothes and refreshes
Cons None
Does it smell good?
How easily is it absorbed?
Cooling & refreshing power

"Soothing and refreshing aftersun lotion"

I always use aftersun when I have been out in the sun even if I don't feel particularly burnt as my skin does tend to get very dry if I don't moisturise it afterwards. This makes me feel as though I am repairing my skin and putting some moisture back into it and think there is nothing more soothing than having a shower and then applying some cool aftersun.

I like Ambre Solaire products and have used many of their products for years including a variety of their sun creams and body creams. I have used this Garnier Ambre Solaire atersun soothing hydrating lotion previously and bought this 200ml bottle when I saw it on offer for £5.00 at M&S which is half price the recommended retail price of £10.00 which I think is quite pricey for aftersun if you pay the full price.

The bottle is a light blue colour and has the Garnier logo to the front and tells you that it is a soothing hydrating lotion. It has a flip top and it is a plastic bottle which is firm but easy enough to squeeze the lotion out easily. It contains shea butter and Aloe vera which help to restore your skins natural moisture and which is also supposed to protect your skin against premature ageing. I would describe the smell as a fresh and clean smell which would be suitable for men and women.

The lotion is quite creamy and thick which I like as it doesn't run off your hands when you are applying it but it does rub in to your skin easily and smoothly. I don't find that it is greasy at all and doesn't leave a film on the top of my skin like some other aftersun products I have used. As I said I will use aftersun after being out in the sunshine even if I haven't burnt but if I am a bit red and sore the aftersun does stop the sting straight away even if the soreness does come back after a while. Sometimes when this happens I will reapply another layer on the sorer parts.

I had read that if you put your aftersun in the fridge before you use it that it does feel lovely and soothing on your skin, and I tried it first with this aftersun and can say that it really does make a difference. I will have a shower and then apply the cold aftersun and it feels very cooling and soothing and it seems to absorb even better deep into my skin.

I love this aftersun as I find it really does refresh and moisturise my skin after being out in the sun and stops the sting of sunburn. As long as I can get it on special offer I will continue to buy it as it is a good quality product and works well.

• beautybuff published 25/07/2015
    vh
  • Absinthe_Fairy published 24/07/2015
    Good review.
  • shellyjaneo published 24/07/2015
    vh x

offers "Garnier Ambre Solaire Aftersun Soothing Hydrating Lotion"