review_wr... 2

review_writer

About me: Been so so so busy, catching up on stuff! x

Member since:30.08.2011

One for the...guys?

01.06.2012

Advantages:
toning effect, price, availability, texture

Disadvantages:
not overally keen on the smell, not best for sensitive skin, slippery bottle

Recommendable No:

How does it affect your skin?

Does it smell good?Not at all

How easily is it absorbed?Fast absorbed

Why did you buy it?Low price

Value for moneySatisfactory

48 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. sweetybi
  2. kimwright
  3. nikkired

Price and availability
: I picked up this body lotion for £2 for 250ml in Morissons I believe. It is widely available in drugstores and some supermarkets around the country.
Design
: The eye-catching design consists of a medium-green colour bottle with an easy to grip shape in the middle and a flip-top. However, the grip feature isn't very pronounced and I found the bottle itself quite slippery.
Claims
: It explains that rough and ddry skin would benefit from the lotion, claims it is fast-absorbing and that skin feels hydrated for 7 days. It is enriched with cocoa butter which is meant to soften the skin. It further claims that it is suitable for senstive skin, is colour free and dermatologically tested. Also contains L-Bifidus, which claims to lock in moisture to keep skin hydrated for a long time.
Why I bought this
: So far so good I thought! I have sensitive and dry skin with some rougher patches. To be honest, I was looking to combine saving some money with trying a new product (which I love doing, don't we all), so I opted for this instead of the pricier Palmer's cocoa butter.
Using it
: open the flip-top and squeeze some out. I found the texture to be quite thick and it is white in colour, as it is colour-free. I have found the fast-absorbing claim to be true, it sinks into the skin well and doesn't leave it oily.
The smell
: This is one of the disadvantages for me. I'm sorry Garnier, but this smells reminds me of a male aftershave! It is a very spicy scent, more like dark chocolate than milk chocolate but maybe most like some spice-flavoured chocolate! The scent isn't at all subtle and scents the skin till you next shower-this might be ok if you like the scent, but obviously I don't so this is annoying for me. It is just very, very intense and makes me feel like i have put aftershave on lol.
Effects on my skin
: As I mentioned, I suffer with sensitive skin which gets dry, but not all perfumed products set it off. However, this disagreed with my skin, my skin was irritated till I next showered to take it off. Also, in warm weather, I found that this was too rich to use, as it coated my skin and it felt like my skin couldn't breathe and thus also made me feel really hot. As a moisturiser, it did its job well, my skin was hydrated yet not oily and also I have noticed a toning effect which I was pleased with! It seemed to add eleasticity and tone to my skin, which it doesn't even claim to do, so I was pleasantly surprised! However, I do not feel like my skin was hydrated even after a shower for the 7-days-it was just hydrated when I put the lotion on (I didn't always use it so there isn't the chance of me having missed the gradual locked-in hydration).
Overall
: The moisture aspect of the lotion was nice and I'm a big fan of lotions that tone the skin at the same time and don't make it greasy! However, there were quite a few minus points for me I'm afraid such as irritating my senstive skin slightly, the awful smell and the slippery bottle! Overall I would maybe recommend this for winter rather than summer due to the richness and thickness, for non-sensitive skins and for men ;)

kiss_me2070 02.06.2012 09:40

Glad I didn't buy this in boots yesterday then!

catsholiday 01.06.2012 23:04

I got the 7 day sample pack and quite liked it

Bollinger28 01.06.2012 15:09

Shame it smells rather masculine. I've just bought some the handcream from this range, but luckily that smells quite neutral :o)