Garnier Intense Care

Garnier Intense Care

Review of "Garnier Intense Care"

published 22/08/2015 | ANNExTHExFLAN
Member since : 12/05/2015
Pro Moisturises thoroughly. Pleasant to use. Offers an improvement to the condition of my skin.
Cons Using too much will result in greasy skin.
Does it smell good?
How easily is it absorbed?

"Intense Care for hot sunny days"

I purchased a pot of Garnier Intense Care body cream in Poundland, I spend very little money on cosmetics and appreciate I can still try products from well known companies for much less than the equivalent product would cost in Boots. I like Garnier products and had not seen this before, I have not seen it in any other shop since buying mine.

It's a thick and rich cream but absorbs very quickly, it is a pleasure to use as there is very little greasy feel from the cream and it provides a massaging effect to add vitality to my skin along with deep moisturising. The fragrance is lightly perfumed with a slight floral fragrance but the most obvious smell is creamy and in my view slightly old fashioned in a similar vein to the smell of Nivea.

My skin is sometimes dry after exposure to the sun and it was for that reason I started using Intense Care daily, often more than once a day. I dislike heavy creams but in spite of the initial heavy texture this is easily used and does not leave my skin feeling greasy or damp, I am able to dress a minute after applying the cream as long as it is used sparingly as I find my skin will only absorb a useful amount of this product and reject excess if you have been heavy handed in application.

I feel my skin is in an improved condition since I began using Intense Care regularly, an effect most noticeable on my shins where I easily develop dry skin patches if I am not strict about moisturising. I spend a lot of time outdoors and this cream has a cooling effect to my skin when it has been exposed to many hours of sun, it is too rich to perform as an after sun but it effectively replaces the moisture my skin loses after a days gardening or working outside.

I have purchased three further pots of Intense Care since I started to use it, providing myself with a small stock pile in anticipation of it disappearing from Poundland eventually. It is a body cream I would recommend and at the price I have paid I feel it is a high value for money item based on price versus product quality.

• danielclark691 published 08/12/2015
    vh
  • ryeb published 23/08/2015
    A great way to try something like this.
  • mumsymary published 23/08/2015