Garnier Nutritionist Skin Naturals Nutritionist Caffeine Eye Roll On

Garnier Nutritionist Skin Naturals Nutritionist Caffeine Eye Roll On

Enriched with caffeine. Hydrates and refreshes. Innovative roll on massages the eye area for a bright eyed look.

Review of "Garnier Nutritionist Skin Naturals Nutritionist Caffeine Eye Roll On"

published 15/02/2012 | carlz2001
Member since : 21/11/2009
Feeling a little happier with the site. Maybe my DIAMOND had something to do with it?! : )
Satisfactory
Pro Cools the eye area, natural ingredients
Cons Sticky when drying, didn't reduce puffiness
Does it dehydrate your skin?

"Not the miracle cure I was hoping for"

Having a skin condition called rosacea I suffer from quite bad under the skin acne and so like to think that the rest of my face is the best it can be! I hate when I’m tired and have dark circles under my eyes, but being a mother of two, working part time and just completing a degree, you can imagine that more often than not, I do have dark circles! Being very pale it sticks out like a sore thumb and eager (like every other woman on the planet!) to find that miracle cure, I thought I’d try the latest in a long line of ‘miracle cure’ beauty treatments (99% of which have ended up in the bottom of a drawer never to be used again) and so I bought the Garnier Caffeine Eye Roll On.

Being a Garnier product, I can’t say I was blown away by its claims to reduce puffiness and give a bright eyed effect, as I often think that the higher end products have more of a chance of working (probably a stupid thing to think I know), but I thought I would give it a try anyway as it was fairly cheap.

By pure coincidence, the first day I decided to use this product I had had a horrendous night’s sleep and woke up looking like I had been given a set of black eyes. My eyes were puffy and I just looked pretty rough in general. Unfortunately for the product, despite having the ability to make even the slightest improvement make me look better, it did absolutely nothing apart from cooling my eye area down and making me feel fresher. While this was good in itself, I hadn’t bought the product for this reason; I could have gained the same effect from sitting with cucumber over my eyes for 5 minutes. I continued to use the product for about 2 weeks and still didn’t notice any difference around the eye area but I used it anyway (I had after all paid £5 for it) as a cooling treatment.

The product has caffeine as its main ingredient and also pro-vitamin B5, and has no smell. I quite liked this as the eye area is extremely delicate as we all know and so I knew that the ingredients were quite natural. The wand is used by gently rubbing around the eye area while a roller ball gently applies the gel product. I found that it did initially make my eye area feel quite moisturised but when it started to dry it became quite sticky and I didn’t like the feel of this on my skin. The wand itself is easy enough to use and fits in the hand like a pen would. This 15ml sized product would last quite a while, and I still have mine even though I only use it occasionally to cool the eye area down. Its twisty cap is handy as it allows the lid to stay secure keeping the product from drying out.

For anyone thinking of buying this product, I would suggest buying yourself some concealer instead and applying cucumber to the eyes to reduce puffiness, and the effects would be far greater than what you would gain from this product.

The product retails at around £9 although I only paid about £5 for it as it was on a promotional offer.

• Coloneljohn published 25/02/2012