Review of "Garnier Olia"

published 09/12/2012 | Phweeter
Member since : 18/08/2003
Satisfactory
Pro Easy to understand instructions, use of product.
Cons Unnatural colour, texture of hair wet and dry. Conditioner poor.
How easy is to apply?
How did the colour meet your expectations?

"New Olia not what I wished for"

Now over 50 I would class myself a connoisseur when it comes to hair dyes and I have done some drastic colourings over the years and quite a few Oh No, I never learn! ones. However, I had seen the advertising for this new Olia which I felt would be less damaging to my hair with the quoted 60% oil content, no ammonia and 100% grey coverage. Sounded right up my street, so on visiting Boots there it was nicely presented in a promotion stand and a discounted price. Go for it! The contents of the box are modern, with a chubby mixture bottle and you are somehow able to stand this into the box in order to mix the colourant. Didnt quite managed that and not really necessary anyway. To start, my hair has a high percentage of grey now, so I endeavour to keep it a light ash blonde now so the roots are not so obvious when they come through and this works for me. Therefore the main colour of my medium length hair is ash blonde with some more natural light blonde that comes through. I tend to aim for the roots and then add a little extra to the rest of the hair to blend in.

Usually there is a creamy feel to the lotions I have used in the past, but I found this mix quite hard, or was it the oil being absorbed into my hair, which leans to the dry side? Anyways, I left for the specified time and then even found the conditioner not such a good feel either. Usually after the initial treatment hair feels lovely and conditioned and soft, but this one did not have the same effect for me. As for the colour. Not as per the box that is for sure. A bordering on a grey weird colour with a very poor blonde tinge to it. In fact I must have aged 10 years immediately. What colour could I call it! Not attractive and obviously unnatural colour. I cant wait for it to grow out now and go back to my usual product. Sorry, the hype was disappointing and for me did not deliver what I expected.

• baraka1969 published 24/01/2013
    I totally agree. Have just used the very light blonde shade of Olia & my hair has turned out in really bad condition. Its also not the pearly blonde shade as shown on the packaging but a swampy mid blonde. I will definately not be using this again
  • Bollinger28 published 09/12/2012
    Oh dear - I've been sent a free box/sample of this to try but it doesn't sound good at all :o(

offers "Garnier Olia"