Review of "Garnier Pure A"

published 20/09/2006 | scooby32
Member since : 30/08/2006
Pro Makes skin feel soft instantly
Cons Expensive
Packaging
Fragrance
Soothing
Refreshing

"little goes a long way"

I must admit I don't normally go to the shops to buy creams for my face, not only with having terrible skin, I normally stick to what I know for face creams.
When I saw the advert for this product I did think about it because my skin had problems all over it.
It cost me £4.29, but it was worth it.

It comes in a thin blue tube, blue colour is very inviting :)
The tube is 40mls, so is expensive for the amount you get.

It is made with natural ingredients and hasn't been tested on animals.
Made with 100% cucumber extract, Zinc and Salicylic acid for the anti bacterial side.

What it says on the box.
IS THIS PRODUCT RIGHT FOR ME?
Yes, If stress, hormonal fluctuations or pollution upset your skin and make it prone to imperfections, visible pores or blotches; if you have combination to oily skin.

HOW IS IT DIFFERENT?
It is a double action moisturiser:
The formula helps clear impurities that block pores and lead to spots. without irritating skin.
It hydrates the skin to leave it feeling soft and comfortable all day.

HOW DOES IT WORK?
Its formula with salicylic acid and zinc, both renowned by dermatologists for their purifying and regulating properties, purifies imperfections and helps prevent them appearing.
Its light, non greasy texture is instantly absorbed, to hydrate the skin, refine pores and even skin texture.

My verdict on this EXCELLENT, they have it spot on.

Before I used it, I did a skin test, this was ok so went ahead and used it.
Now I must explain before I used it, my forehead had I suppose tiny spots under the skin.
My T-zone was greasy, my cheeks looked like the had lots of holes on them and my chin was spotting and holes again and my skin has been itching for a few days with flakes as well.
In a nut shell a total mess.

I washed my face with water only, damped it down then applied the cream, firstly the smell is a small smell, like cucumber and the texture was not greasy, it felt nice and smooth.

I applied a small amount all over and went away. It was strange because after 5 minutes I could feel the difference, imagine your face hasn't been washed for weeks and you had just gave it a good scrub, that clean fresh lifting feeling you get, well that's what I felt (yes had washed my face first :) )
The feel of my skin was instant too, it felt soft and smooth in some places but just soft all over.

I applied the cream before going to bed as it says to apply morning and night.
The next morning what a BIG difference.
My skin almost looked healthy, no greasy look on my T-zone, the under skin spots almost gone, but now not noticeable to the human eye, my pores are how they should be so my cheeks now look like cheeks and my chin, the spots have half cleared.
All in all after just apllying 2 times, my skin is looking better than ever.
After 4 days, you wouldn't believe that I hadn't had a skin peel or lazer to get rid of the marks.
Garnier have got this perfect, I could never say miracles can happen but if you have seen the before on my face to currently well then I can say miracles do happen with Garnier Pure A.

My skin feels and looks almost like it was when I was younger, its a great feeling and best of all I have not just found a product that actually works but it doesn't irritate my skin.
I will definitely be buying this product for as long as it is around, and at less than £5 a tube, yes expensive but to me money well spent.

• ring_of_roses published 27/01/2008
    spot on review!
  • shazzaspannered published 26/09/2006
    I found that this did nothing to help my skin at all x
  • ice_pink published 22/09/2006