Garnier Pure Active Exfo-Brusher Wash

Garnier Pure Active Exfo-Brusher Wash

Review of "Garnier Pure Active Exfo-Brusher Wash"

published 05/03/2012 | Dalbx
Member since : 15/02/2012
Satisfactory
Pro Nice design, and brush was gentle to my skin.
Cons Left my skin irritable and red burns around my nose and mouth.

"Garnier Pure Active Exfo-Brush: Disappointing!"

I bought this at super drug for about £8, I thought the price was good, very reasonable. Previously I have used a couple of cleansers from Garnier which I thought were brilliant.

I first heard about this product on a TV advert and I thought the idea of placing a brush on the top to really deep cleanse was a really good idea as that's what every girl wants really.

I found the exfo-brush to be gentle on my skin, didn't feel like I was actually rubbing a brush against my face. It is also very easy to use (massage the brush in circular motions to cleanse). I found that the product inside the bottle itself took a while to foam up and the smell wasn't at all overpowering.

The big disappointing downside the product made my skin dry out and irritable, it also left red marks around my nose and mouth (which looked like burns) only after a couple of uses. I thought that this might be the cause of using it for too long as I used it for about 2-3 minutes slowly making sure to cover all over my face and especially on my prone areas that I get spots and blackheads. I didn't notice any benefits to my skin at all.

So I stopped using the product for a few days and tried again. Only using it for 1 minute at a time 2 minutes tops, I noticed an improvement but my skin still was dry and very itchy.

I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone with sensitive skin as it is very harsh and can cause bad irritation. It may work better for other people and different skin types, but having combination skin myself, it didn't work well for me.

Overall I believe that if you want to try this product you should try a sample and do a patch test on your jawline to see if you have any reactions or redness to your skin, before using it all over your face. Thought it was a brilliant concept but didn't do it for me.

• angelboouk123 published 05/03/2012
    I wasn't keen on this either x

offers "Garnier Pure Active Exfo-Brusher Wash"