Review of "Garnier Skin Active Moisture Bomb Moisturiser Night Cream"

published 03/11/2016 | kiss_me2070
Member since : 11/02/2004
A huge thanks for all the reads, rates and comments. It's much appreciated :)
Pro moisturising, refreshing, light-weight, non-sticky, smoother/softer skin
Cons the scent, cheap packaging
How easily is it absorbed?

"Moisture Bomb for Dehydrated Skin."

Garnier Skin Active Moisture Bomb Moisturiser Night Cream

Garnier Skin Active Moisture Bomb Moisturiser Night Cream

= = = = = =
The Product
= = = = = =
When it comes to skin care products I used to purchase the same brand all the time but now I tend to buy whatever is on offer; although I do have a good look at the product as I have quite sensitive skin. During this time of the year my skin often gets dry and I get slight eczema and flaky skin around the eyes and in between the eyebrows at the top of my nose, so I have to be careful what products I use so to not irritate my skin even more. The ‘Moisture Bomb’ range from Garnier is a relatively new range and as far as I’m aware it’s not been out even a year yet. This Night Moisturiser is suitable for anyone with dehydrated skin and for those that have dull skin, irregularities and fine lines. The product has been dermatologically tested and is suitable for sensitive skin. My skin is slightly dry at the moment and I am always paranoid about fine lines as I have been getting older. This night moisturiser claims to be more than just any old moisturiser; this product recharges up to 10 layers of skin with hydration and re-plumps the look of fine lines. The product contains Pomegranate, which along with super-hydration; it helps to protect skin against the appearance of lifestyle such as UV rays, Pollution, Fatigue and Stress. It also contains Glycerin which intensely re-hydrates the skin which helps keep skin radiant and leaves it looking younger. The Hyaluronic Acid in the cream quenches dehydrated skin by recharging the upper layers of skin with moisture.

When tested on women 72% of them agreed that from the 1st night their skin felt smooth and appeared fresher. 70% of woman said that their fine liner were visibly re-plumped and 70% of women agreed that their skin looked visibly younger, not to mention the 86% that said that their skin quality improved. This product is a gel-cream so is lightweight on the skin and it claims to not leave skin feeling greasy or sticky. The gel-cream comes in a box which is blue and silver in colour. On the front it states that the product is from the ‘Moisture Bomb’ range and it has the Garnier logo at the top. On the front it tells you a little about the product and what skin type the product is for. On the sides of the box you can find information about the product such as the proven effectiveness, how to use it and also a little about Garnier skincare range. On the back of the box it tells you more information about the product and how it’s different to other moisturisers. A list of ingredients can be found on the bottom of the box. The box actually feels very light and at first I was a little worried that nothing was in there, but when opening it I found a plastic jar containing the night gel-cream. The pot the product comes in is blue and is made from plastic. The lid to the pot is white and unscrews to reveal the gel-cream. On the front of the pot again it just states what the product is. I personally think the packaging to the product feels and looks quite cheap, and I was expecting something that looked a little more expensive; although having said that it does mean that when going to my boyfriends at the weekend this pot is nice and light to carry in my bag and it shouldn’t break/smash if I do happen to drop it on the floor!

Price/Availability
= = = = = = = =
This product is available from Boots and Superdrug where the retail price is around £7.99; although I purchased this when it was priced at £5.33. This product only comes in 50ml jar. Other products in the Garnier Moisture Bomb range include:

• Moisture Bomb Tissue Mask
• Moisture Bomb 3 in 1 Day Cream

= = = = = = = = =
Using the Product
= = = = = = = = =
For best results cleanse your skin before using this product. Apply one to two pea sized amounts to clean and dry skin every night avoiding the eye area. When unscrewing the lid to the pot and removing it you can clearly see the gel-cream which a light blue colour and looks slightly shiny. I noticed that the product does have a slight scent to it. I have to admit that I am not too keen on scented products, especially for the face but despite this I was willing to give the product a try anyway. On the side of the box they do recommend using Garnier’s cleansing products to cleanse the skin but I just use my Simple Cleanser and Toner before applying this gel-cream. I gently touched the top of the gel-cream with a clean finger-tip to pick up some of the product. I applied the product to my face working from the middle of my face outwards. The gel-cream has a nice consistency and feels slightly cool on the skin which is nice and refreshing. I could smell the scent of the cream slightly when applying it to my skin. I didn’t apply the cream to the dry areas around my eyes as it does state on the packaging to avoid the eye area. You do only need to use a little of this cream as a little goes a long way. I found that the cream sank into my skin quite quickly which was nice as I went to bed shortly after applying the cream.

= = = =
Results
= = = =
After applying the cream my skin instantly felt hydrated and it felt smooth and soft. I went to bed and in the morning I felt my skin and looked at the results in the mirror. My skin felt extremely smooth and soft and it felt hydrated. I couldn’t really tell a huge difference in terms of the look of my skin but I hoped that this might change over the course of using the cream over a few days. The first time using the cream it didn’t cause any problems with my skin such as irritation and it didn’t cause any breakouts either. I have been using the cream for about a week now and I still haven’t experienced any problems with the cream. My skin does feel a lot more hydrated than it did before using the cream and it feels a lot smoother and softer as well. Because my skin feels more hydrated I do think that the appearance of my skin looks a lot better than it did before and I feel as though my skin looks a little brighter as well. Thankfully I don’t have many fine lines at the moment but hopefully this cream will help keep any fine lines at bay that might want to make an appearance anytime soon.

Overall Opinion
= = = = = = = =
To be honest despite there being some reviews of this product I wasn’t really sure what to expect from it as I don’t often use Garnier products and to be honest I can’t remember the last Garnier product I actually used. I do think the packaging to the product feels and looks a little cheap; although this isn’t something that really bothers me that much. The gel-cream has a nice consistency and I like that it feels light and refreshing on the skin. The gel-cream is slightly cooling which is really nice. I am not too keen on the scent of the cream although the scent isn’t that strong and once applied I can never smell it anyway. The cream doesn’t take long to sink into my skin and it doesn’t leave my skin feeling sticky or greasy after applying it. My skin does feel instantly hydrated after using it and it feels extremely smooth and soft. I haven’t used the cream on any dry skin as the only dry skin I currently have is around my eyes where they tell you to avoid applying the product. In terms of value I don’t think the price is too bad when the product is reduced. At full price, I personally don’t think the product looks as much as the product costs which I think is due to the cheap style packaging. I do like this gel-cream and I am definitely going to continue using it, so long as it doesn’t start causing problems or irritation with my skin which I don’t think it will.

• siberian-queen published 07/11/2016
    great review
  • LiveMusicLoverLyn published 07/11/2016
    Great review - retrospective rating though
  • euphie published 06/11/2016