Garnier Skin Naturals Summer Body Moisturising Lotion Deep

Garnier Skin Naturals Summer Body Moisturising Lotion Deep

Review of "Garnier Skin Naturals Summer Body Moisturising Lotion Deep"

published 07/05/2012 | k444tmc
Member since : 06/04/2012
Pro Its a very natural looking tan even on light skin
Cons Bottle is not see-through - difficult to see how much is left
How does it affect your skin?
Staying Power
Does it smell good?
Water resistancy

"Sunkissed!"

I am naturally pale skinned and rather than turn a nice golden brown when out in the sun or abroad, I burn... really bad...

Naturally all my life I have been cautious when using fake tan - its maybe me but instant tan looks tacky and streaky on my body...

I discovered the Garnier Summerbody range a couple of years ago as a moisurising lotion that gradually builds up a natural looking tan. I used to use the light colour but currently use the dark one because I feel even with my white skin the light shade didn't seem to show very well even after using up a full bottle.

About the product

You can buy the product in a few different sizes and shades to match your skin colour. As previously mentioned I would recomend at least the medium shade for everyone as the lighter shade doesn't do much. The bottle I currently have is 250ml and I purchased around 2 months ago from Tesco at around the price of £2 - it was on offer at the time.

About the bottle

The bottle is almost an oval shape and is straight at the bottom so it stands up right - the lid is quite secure and tight and makes a click noise when you open and close it.

The overall bottle is attractive, it catchs your with the colours used but what I don't like is the fact the bottle is not see-through like others - so you can't see how much lotion is left. This is my only issue.

The labels

The top of the label it gives the brand make and the product name "SummerBody", which then advises you that the product is a moisturising lotion sun kissed look. Under this is gives a couple of bulletpoints which claim the lotion:

* Gradually builds a natural looking sunkissed tan
* Effective 12 hours moisturisation

Close to the bottom of the bottle it tells you the shade of the lotion - mine is dark - and also gives further information that it gives you a soft, radiant-looking skin all year round. Further information under this confirms that it is dermatologically tested - which gives you peace of mind that its great on your skin.

The back label gives a Q&A summary at why the product is right for you, how its different, how it works and how to use it.

It then gives information on ingredients used for the benefit of those with allergies. I won't attempt to write these out because I cant spell them to save my life but these can be viewed at www.garnier.co.uk if you have any issues with this.

It also states the product has a 6 month shelf life - which in my opinion is more than enough if you actually do use it everyday!

On the whole it gives more than enough information that I would personally want to say and I am very happy with that.

The smell

It does not smell like the normal self tan smell - sweet but not overpowering or sickly.

The liquid

The liquid is white/cream in colour and not thick/runny but somewhere in the middle. Is very easy to mix in to your body.

Applying

I usually apply this after exfoliating and jumping out of the bath, start off by doing my legs, then middle body, then arms and back. As previously mentioned it is very easy to rub in but doesn't dry straight away and you usually need to wait a good 15 minutes before you feel un-sticky and can get some clothes on.

You should also wash your hands, between fingers and around finger nails after application or you do notice them turning orange when the colour changes the next day! You should also be wary at touching materials such as clothes or towels during application as they may stain. Although this has not happened to me.

Does it work?

I noticed after day 1 of using the dark shade people were commenting about the colour change and asking if I had been on a sunbed! I loved this as it just shows it looks very natural and not orange. It definetly works after one application in the dark shade but the light shade did not work for me at all.

Final verdict

Compared to other fake tans / tanning moisturisers I have used I have to say Garnier Summerbody is my favourite. It is very inexpensive for how long it lasts - I still have some left in my bottle from 2 months ago and using it every other day. It is not streaky / un-natural looking as long as you mix in well, and you don't get the yucky self tan smell afterwards. Win!

• jjcross published 07/05/2012
    Please see your guest book- I have left a message!