Garnier Summer Body Moisturising Lotion

Garnier Summer Body Moisturising Lotion

Moisturiser - Body Lotion

Review of "Garnier Summer Body Moisturising Lotion"

published 30/03/2010 | brunette_barbiiee
Member since : 03/02/2010
Pro Gives you a golden look straight away
Cons I can't think of any
Does it smell good?
How easily is it absorbed?

"Perfect Golden Tan Solution!"

This is my favourite, must have beauty product EVER!!

I first started using this product about two summers ago. Me and my friends had gone to a local tanning salon to get a fake spray tan ready for the summer as we wern't going away that year. It was a little shop with an automatic spray tanning booth which none of us had ever used. When we came out from our session the tan was really patchy and uneven. We asked the girl behind the counter what we could do to even it out and she advised us to get a moisturiser with a hint of tan in and rub it in allover the tan.

So with this in mind the three of us walked down to boots, not forgetting the walk was atleast 20mins down a busy road into the centre of town and we each had a spotted tan. Once we were in boots the variety of these sort of moisturisers was huge. The Garnier Summer Body Moisturising Lotion however stood out like a sore thumb, it was in a bright bottle with a simple advertisment on the front. The price was really good aswell it was on offer for £2.99. So I picked up a bottle and made my way home.

When I got home I used it straight away. The moisturiser was quite thick with a really weird smell. When I first smelt it, it did put me off quite a bit as it smelt like tanning lotion, sun cream and hairspay all mixed together but I love it now as it reminds me of summer.

When I used it to even out my spray tan it was so good! Not only did it even out my tan it made it a shade browner. It was so easy to apply and it made my skin feel so moisturised and fresh. The only problem I had is I appied it using my hands and once it had dried the palms of my hands were darker than my tan but this was easily resolved with a bit of exfoliator it took it right off.

The next time I used it was a couple of weeks after my spray tan had dissapeared. I picked it up just to moisturise my skin as it was quite dry, I didn't expect to get any colour out of it. Saying this I slapped it on everywhere and went about my day. An hour or so later I noticed my skin was a nice shade of golden brown. I was amazed I'd only put on an even amount that one time and I got a colour I would of got from a bottle of actual tanning lotion.

Now I use it all the time. Most people think that I have either been on holiday or that i'm naturally golden brown because the colour is so even and not orange or fake looking at all. Even though the price is now around £5 for the bigger bottle I still buy it. It lasts so long I apply it every over day as when I shower I always exfoliate which lightens the colour and it still lasts me a good couple of months. I would definately advise this to anyone who wanted a natural golden looking tan. It so much easier, faster and cheaper than appling fake tan or having a session at the tanning salon. The good thing about it too is you can apply it straight on your face you don't need to get a seperate bottle or add extra moisturiser.

So anyone who is contemplating buying this just do it if you don't agree with the results I got you've only spent £5 and you know not to use it again. Also if you don't like the colur and you want it off quickly just jump in the shower and exfoliate really well it will come off in seconds.

• KateHurst published 30/03/2010
    A good tip on exfoliating to remove the excess colour - just a pity your original tanning session didn't work out so well.