Garnier UltraLift Complete Beauty Night Cream

Garnier UltraLift Complete Beauty Night Cream

Review of "Garnier UltraLift Complete Beauty Night Cream"

published 09/10/2015 | LiveMusicLoverLyn
Member since : 23/03/2014
:( So sad and will miss you all. Posting and rating to the end as a few days off work. Thanks for all the reads & rates, much appreciated esp E rates, every E I give is well deserved. Ciao for now everyone.....
Pro Light and nice to use
Cons Does not live up to the claim to firm up, but I may be older than the target age group.
How easily is it absorbed?

"Complete Beauty - if only it were that easy, Night Cream"

~ Garnier Ultra Lift Complete Beauty Night Cream 50ml ~

A month or so ago Morrison’s were running their spend £40.00 a week or more for 4 weeks and have £15.00 off your shop promotion and I had spotted that they had Nivea Moisturisers on offer. Planning my shop, I decided to spend £20.00 on four half price Nivea items to boost the value of my basket and stock up on a great offer. Imagine my disappointment to discover that the Nivea products on promotion were sold out. However, the Garnier night cream was on promotion, so I decided to give it a try and here are my thoughts and findings.

~ First Impressions:

Packaged in the red and white livery of Garnier products the similarities to its sister brand L’Oreal are still highly apparent. Once I had unpacked the container and peeled off the foil seal I was met with a highly fragranced shiny white whipped cream moisturiser in a red jar.

The fragrance is clean and fresh and pleasing to use, the perfume is an added fragrance, I cannot detect any of our old favourite natural scents here. It is pleasant enough to use and has a soft slightly floral note that seems to fade quite quickly once applied to the skin.

The texture is very light, whipped and very easily absorbed, there is no drag from this cream and there is very little effort required for the cream to cover the face and neck and absorb. I am happy and comfortable to use this near my eyes and if it were packed in an anonymous container I would easily be convinced that it was a much more expensive product.

~ Ingredients:

Aqua/Water, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glycerin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Isohexadecane, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG 100 Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Retinyl Palmitate, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Glycine Soja (Glycine Soja Soybean Protein), Fagus Sylvatica Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus Extract, Dimethiconol, Lecithin, Myristic Acid, PEG 20 Stearate, Phenethyl Alcohol, Poloxamer 188, Polycaprolactone, Polysorbate 80, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sodium Hydroxide, Sorbitan Oleate, Butylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Perfume.

~ The LMLL Guide to some of the ingredients:

Cyclohexasiloxane the main ingredient after water is a silicone that is used for skin conditioning.
Glycerine and Shea Butter, I think you know, if not check out my L’Occitane Shea Butter handcream review.

Isohexadecane is a colourless and odourless ingredient that creates a very creamy, thick formula and is often used in more expensive brands to give a luxurious texture.
Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate is an emollient.

Stearic Acid is a fatty acid that occurs naturally in cocoa and shea butters. So I don’t know why it is listed in this way when shea butter is already listed as an ingredient. I guess it is refined coca butter.

PEG 100 Stearate is a naturally occurring vegetable fatty acid that is used as a binder and softener.

Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate: I had to look this one up and found it on the goodguid.com, where I discovered that this chemical sounding product is used by the Body shop in Eye shadows, by Weleda and Nivea and many other face creams. It is a clear thickener and stabiliser that is used as a sunscreen.

Rosa Canina Fruit Oil or Dog Rosehip oil, is well known as good for repairing, treating fine lines and evens out or eradicates age spots. It is also used a lot as a skin softener.

That is the main ingredients; others include rice, soya, Bilberry extract and Beech extract. The rice would give sheen and bilberry and beech are antioxidants.

~ The Claims:

‘Enriched with regenerative plant cells, the formula acts upon the signs of ageing: anti-wrinkle, firming and radiance boosting.

The formula acts upon:

-Wrinkles: Visibly reduces the appearance of wrinkles
-Firming: Leaves your skin feeling firmer
-Radiance boosting: Skin complexion looks more even and your natural radiance looks restored

FEEL and SEE the results for yourself: - After the 1st application your skin feels smoother. - Wrinkles appear reduced. - Your skin feels firmer. Your natural radiance is revealed.’ (accessed October 2015).

~ My Thoughts:

Because the cream is so light and whipped, I had reservations about how long it would last and therefore how it represents good value for money. I had no need to worry, the light cream, quickly spreads across my cheeks, chin and forehead as well as my nose and neck and a little seems to go along way. Because it is fast to absorb it is great to use when I am tired and whilst I cannot say my skin is any better from using this night cream, I can honestly say it is not any worse either.
The impression of lightness is continued by the very lightweight container that seems almost weightless even with the 50ml of product inside.

I bought this to try when it was on offer and whilst I would buy again, I think it would only be if on offer again.

I do think that this is aimed at younger women and I would expect it is best suited to the 20-40 age group. In which case I am not in the target age group anyway. The lightness of the cream lends itself well to those that don’t need firming and complexion balancing formulas. However, I notice in the claims that I have listed for you above that one of the claims for this product is that it is firming. I do not get the impression that this cream is particularly firming and as for the other claims, it is difficult to state how well it has performed. The lack of firmness is the only noticeable difference to using my staple Nivea Q10+.

~ Price & Availability:

Prices seem to vary quite considerably, although this night cream is widely available from chemists, pharmacies, supermarkets and so on. Superdrug currently have it on offer at £6.65 and the normal price seems to be around the £10.00 mark. A quick check on Mysupermarket.com shows it currently on offer at Tesco for £4.99, Asda and Morrison’s for £5.00 and at £9.89 at Boots. (Prices correct October 2015).

~ Conclusion:

This whipped style night cream is light and pleasant to use. It ensures my skin is soft and nourished and the only difference I notice is that my skin is less firm. However, I do strongly believe that this would suit a younger skin very well. I have no choice but to recommend it as worth a try if you are under 40, especially when on offer.

~ Stars: