Gem Motoring Assist

Gem Motoring Assist

Review of "Gem Motoring Assist"

published 18/11/2008 | mudddy123
Cost
Level Of Cover
Customer Service

"GEM; Cheap and Nasty"

Extremely poor service. Called them twice, both times extremely slow response. Took two hours on one occasion. Mechanics not interested in even looking at vehicle on roadside just eager to tow you to garage or homes.

As Gem depend on local garages you can be left hanging on until the garage have a man spare to come to you.

The mechanic who towed me confided in me that breakdown call outs were a low priority, and that cash customers got priority. He also admitted he would personally never use a service which operated like Gem do, he advised me stick to the AA!

Gem maybe cheap but a breakdown can be a horrendous experience and in such an unfortunate situation you definately want to be backed by a relaible company, GEM are certainly not that company. I was fortunate to have broken down in daytime hours, I shudder at the thought of being in a similar situation on some back/beyond road in the middle of the night. Avoid at all costs.

Product Information : Gem Motoring Assist

Tel: 01342 825 676; Website: http://www.motoringassist.com/; Details: With Breakdown Cover from GEM Motoring Assist, help is only a phone call away. Our 24 hour Rescue Control Centre will quickly arrange assistance from one of our nationwide network of over 6,000 recovery vehicles.

Type: Breakdown Organisation