Getting around in London by taxi

Getting around in London by taxi

Review of "Getting around in London by taxi"

published 14/04/2008 | ParkinK02
Member since : 18/04/2007
Good
Pro very easy to find a cab
Cons if you don't know where you're going you could be ripped off
Sightseeing
Shopping
Nightlife
Ease of getting around

"London Taxi - Get taken for a ride"

If you've never been to London before, make sure you know the name of the streets and how to get there as my experience of London cabbies was not the one I've seen on TV where they know everything about everything.

We ended up being charged £25.00 for a trip that we found out later should only have cost about £8.00, you look like a tourist and you'll be treated like one.

Finding a taxi is very easy however, you'll never have a problem, night or day. There's a taxi rank on most corners in the busy parts (which is everywhere in central London).

Overall it's about planning, as with any trip if you plan right then you'll have no problems, London has a huge number of taxis, which provide lots of options of travel, and if you know roughly how much it should cost to get from A to B then you'll be fine. But you may be taken for a ride, in every sense of the word...

• Seresecros published 14/04/2008
    I don't trust cabbies in London - for good reason, seems, after reading your review. On the few times I've been there, I always felt it was quicker, easier, cheaper, to take the Underground instead.
  • JoePoirot published 14/04/2008
    I have taken thousands of black cabs in my life and have had maybe one or two dodgy drivers, I wish I could say the same elsewhere. The average London cabbie has "The Knowledge" and is not a rip-off merchant.

Product Information : Getting around in London by taxi