Ghost The Fragrance Eau de Toilette for Women

Ghost The Fragrance Eau de Toilette for Women

for Women

Review of "Ghost The Fragrance Eau de Toilette for Women"

published 02/03/2012 | Anna_Can_Fly
Member since : 27/02/2012
Pro Classic, demure and elegant fragrance. Sleek appearance.widely available, reasonable cost
Cons Only for certain times and moods. Not a 'nighttime'/party perfume, more of a special occasion one
Staying power
Design of the bottle

"This pale beauty smells angelic and prompts your mind to wander......."

Perfume and I...a love story x

My name is Anna Louise. My favourite of my senses is smell... I know-what a curious and verging on the ridiculous thing to say I hear some doubters saying! ...But if you do understand me, you know what a thrill a fragrance can be. Its really inexplicable to me how just a concoction of fragrant notes can create hugely different and amazing fragrances to suit every occasion, mood, and create or add to memories, but ohhhhh they can! Hey I'll tell you now I know nothing technical about perfume, its creation nor production I only know what I like...

Ghost The Fragrance Eau de Toilette Spray for Women

My love affair with Ghost is a long one- I have loved it for some 10 years or more. It was the first fragrance I really recognised-its fairly populist and sometimes you smell it on people around the place- and appealed to me so much that I always wanted some in the house. I associate Ghost with so many of my happy memories of the past. I discovered it prior to my A levels and it became a friend to me who I would meet with daily through my formative years at university-probably wore it too much! My friends may not have known it as Ghost but knew the scent of it was me and mine.My room in halls became synonomous with it, sometimes when I was particularly homesick (which wasnt often admittedly) I would spritz it. I'm not a stylish gal- it perhaps seemed a little strange to some that I went around in jeans and scruffy practical jumpers but smelt positively angelic! It has always been so reassuring a scent for me, and its difficult to know why. Now it evokes such memories, I find it difficult to be objective about what it is thats so special about it-to me it is about memories, my first love and special moments.

The scent-well I suppose I would describe it as musky, a subtle floral combination, lightly fruited and vanilley. lt doesn't sound particulalry special but it thrills me as an everyday, or a really special occasion perfume. Ive just looked into its website-it has Top notes of Rose Petal and Ambrette Seed, Heart notes of white flowers, jasmine,sandalwod and incense, and Base notes of Vanilla, Musk, Amber and Apricot. Delicious. If i was going to a wedding it would be Ghost I'd wear every time-to me its love in a scent. It's so romantic and for me nostalgic. The bottle is elegant- a classic hourglass shape but slim tall and slender,like a female figure I suppose. It sparkles and it is a subtle blue/silvery colour. I like that its not overstated, its simple demure. The EDT is sold in different sizes-30ml,50ml, and 100ml, and you can also get a gift set which I oft try and source at Christmas. That tends to contain either a 200ml body lotion or shower gel. The body lotion too is divine, so sumptuous and luxurious on the skin-to be convered in the scent is lush. Its a decent enough price as it is, but I recommend Superdrug for more competitive prices, great staff and beauty points ;p.

The website refers to it as being about the 'Sublime moments between dreaming and awakening'. This gives me an element of understanding about why it appeals to me and my personality so much. It is sublime, and I have always been a bit of a dreamer, I daydream and I rumenate in and out of obscure and unsusual ideas, romantic hopes and dreams. Its not for everyone but give it a go if youre a daydreamer I'd say.

• Coloneljohn published 11/03/2012
    Well reviewed. John
  • Ailran published 05/03/2012
    And you seem to think you can't write... as usual I'm right and you're wrong :)
  • Alyson29 published 02/03/2012
    A lovely review and welcome to Ciao x

offers "Ghost The Fragrance Eau de Toilette for Women"