Giani ND33OUV

Giani ND33OUV

Manicure - Battery / Mains

Review of "Giani ND33OUV"

published 28/07/2007 | Miskah
Member since : 19/05/2007
Good
Pro dries nails more quickly
Cons isnt that much quicker if you want them well dried and hard

"Nippy nails"

I rarely wear anything other than clear nail varnish on my finger nails and I will admit to disliking the relaxation in the uniform policy of many hospitals which allows nurses to wear coloured nail varnish; personally I like to look at the cleanliness of peoples hands and in particular their nails
As I don’t paint my fingernails often I make extra effort in keeping their appearance as neat and tidy in other ways. I only wear nail polish on my finger nails when im going out somewhere special, but on the other had I always paint my toe nails and at the moment they are blue.

I haven’t got a lot of patience waiting for nail varnish to dry as it seems to take forever and I frequently under estimate this and end up smudging or wrecking it. I scrounged this dryer some time ago off my sister who now has one of those all singing, dancing acetate nail kits which came with its own dryer and I hoped it would cut down on the amount of times I’ve had to remove the varnish because I wrecked it or got dog hairs stuck to it as I forgot and stroked her.

Giani UV Nail Light
≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈
This Giani ultra-violet nail light and dryer does look fairly stylish; it has a very smooth design with no angles anywhere. Its rounded case is silver plastic and its trim and button is lilac. Its very light weight and portable- it runs on 4 AA batteries so can be used any where. It isn't that robust and could become scruffy easily if treated roughly

There is a large gap where you insert the hand or foot depending on which appendages you painted and the dryer turns on with a large lilac button towards the rear of the top surface. It only has the one setting so is either on or off. Whenever it is on it produces not only warmth but also UV light. The warmth obviously dries the nails and the UV light is supposed to promote good heath strength and growth of the nail itself. It glows with a very attractive bluish tint and makes skin colours look very odd indeed. It does always make me think of the UV lights infection control staff use in their hand washing lectures to highlight bacterial growth on the hands but it doesn’t have that effect.

I have found that using this does shorten the drying time considerably but more importantly in my opinion leaves the nail varnish harder than it would be if left to dry naturally. I find this very useful as, like a lot of infrequent nail varnish users, I chip my fingernails very easily. It’s also useful for the toes as they have a rougher time all round. I suppose it cuts the touch dry time by at least half and the solid dry depends on how long you leave them under.

Many different companies make these UV dryers and there probably isn’t much to choose between them. A cheap one is fine for me with my infrequent use but regular nail polish users may want something more sophisticated like the one my sister has which has various settings and is large enough to get both hands into.

It comes with an instruction leaflet which is quite basic but there isn’t a lot to tell you other than how to turn it on and replace the batteries. It does give you some hints about nail varnish application and promoting healthy nails but this is short and not particularly useful but the unit was only £13 new and cost nothing for me so I don’t have a lot of moans.

There is a 2 year warranty but this unit has worked for over that now and if it does stop working it’s hardly expensive to replace as these type of dryers are now pretty common.

• Expired-Account published 04/08/2007
    Not my kind of thing but very helpful review
  • tac20 published 03/08/2007
    Never heard of one of these. Nice review.
  • bibby29 published 01/08/2007