Gillette Fusion Hydra Gel

Gillette Fusion Hydra Gel

Razor

Review of "Gillette Fusion Hydra Gel"

published 31/05/2011 | l500589
Member since : 02/08/2009
Hi all, Thanks for reading my review. My name is Mark, and Im from Stoke-On-Trent, I have just joined up to this site today (02.08.2009), so still finding my way around. It looks very good from what I have seen so far.
Pro Thicj, smooth and smells great
Cons A little expensive, but worth it
Quality of shave
Durability of the razor
Durability of the blades

"A hydrating gel"

I first received a Gillette Fusion shaving kit from my brother as a present for Christmas 2009. This Gillette kit comprised of a shaver, 3 blades and a 200 ml aerosol can of Gillette Fusion Hydra Gel. As there is a separate review section for the Fusion shaver and blades, I will focus solely on the Gillette Fusion Hydra Gel for the purposes of this review.

As mentioned above, I received the Fusion Hydra Gel in December 2009, and prior to this I used a Gillette Mach 3 shaver, along with almost any shaving gel or shaving foam that I spotted on offer, as I could never see any sense in paying £3-£4 for a shaving gel, when there was often a cheaper alternative for around £1.

After receiving the Fusion kit, I kept using my mach 3 for a few months, as I had just put a new blade on it, but I had pretty much run out of my shaving Gel, and so I got straight into my new Gillette Fusion Hydra Gel.

Gillette claim that this Hydra Gel for sensitive skin contains Aloe, vitamin E, hydrating emollients and lubricants which work together to form an invisible layer of protection on the skin when shaving! I have often suffered from shaving rashes for many years, regardless of what type of shaving gel or foam, or shaver I have used, and so this is something that I have always just put down to the sensitivity of my skin.

Gillette Fusion hydra Gel comes in a very bright orange aerosol can, containing 200 ml of the hydra Gel. The can has an orange plastic lid, which can be un-clipped to reveal an orange button, which when pressed, ejects the Hydra Gel out through a small hole near the top of the bottle.
The Hydra Gel is dark blue in colour, and smells really fresh, and almost minty. A very small amount of this gel lathers up into quite a large amount of light blue foam when a little water is added to it, and so it only takes a very quick squirt for me to have plenty to shave my face with, and very often I end up with too much.

When this gel is applied to the face it is smooth, and quite thick in texture, and helps to give a very close and comfortable shave. I remember feeling my face almost tingling a little bit the first few times I applied the gel, which was something that I had not experienced before, and it kind of felt like it was trying to numb the usual pain from shaving that I get, especially if I have not shaved for a few days, and there is a lot of stubble to remove (which is very often the case!).

Overall I find that it produces a very pleasant shaving experience for me.
It is very good quality Shaving Gel, and just a little bit of the Hydra Gel goes a very long way. The results after the shave are definitely an improvement from what I have had before with other shaving gels and foams. My face feels smoother, and actually smells really fresh, and any residue from the gel left on my face or on the razor washes off really easily after shaving.
I am glad that I used this hydra gel first of all with my old mach 3 razor, or else I could have been forgiven for thinking that the improved results were more down to my new Gillette fusion razor!

I have since bought a replacement can of Gillette Fusion Hydra gel, and I will be doing so again, as I now believe that the extra money for this product is well worth it.
I paid £2:59 for the can I bought a few weeks back, which is perhaps 2 or 3 times more than the cheapest brands available, but the smoothness of the shave, combined with the elimination of the rashes I used to suffer, and the great fresh smell on my face and neck after shaving mean that I will not be going back to the cheaper brands, and will be sticking with Gillette Fusion Hydra Gel.

Thanks for reading.