Gillette Satin Care With A Touch Of Olay Sensitive Shave Gel

Gillette Satin Care With A Touch Of Olay Sensitive Shave Gel

Review of "Gillette Satin Care With A Touch Of Olay Sensitive Shave Gel"

published 11/02/2014 | Wee_Jackie_163
Member since : 13/03/2009
~ Thanks for my shiny new diamond.. ~ Dipping my toe back in.. ~
Pro Works well - Kind to sensitive skin - More 'moisturising' than other products..
Cons None for me..
How does it affect your skin?
How easy is to apply?
Does it smell good?
Quality of shave

"Gillette's 'Gold' Gel.."

Picture showing the golden can.

Picture showing the golden can.

~ Gillette Satin Care With A Touch Of Olay Sensitive Shave Gel ~

I always use a high-quality shaving gel product when shaving my legs, and have tried out many of the shaving gels from the 'Gillette' brand over the years, finding that their products are of a high quality, and seem to work well with my skin type, which can be rather sensitive and prone to irritation after shaving.

It was whilst I was shopping in a local branch of Boots a while back that I noticed a range of products in the Gillette range that caught my eye, as they were all formulated "With A Touch Of Olay." I purchased a couple of items from the range at this time, with this review outlining my experiences of trying the Gillette Satin Care With A Touch Of Olay Sensitive Shave Gel.

My canister is a generous 200ml in size, and this cost me around £3 at the time of purchase. A quick look online tells me that the current purchase price (as @ February 2014) at Boots (www.boots.com) is £3.65, and postage costs apply when purchasing online.

The packaging is pretty standard for a product like this one, although it's metallic gold colour gives a slightly more 'sophisticated', grown-up image than many of the other Shaving Gels in the Gillette range. With the canister's plastic cap being coloured in a pearly white shade and the familiar Olay branding appearing on the front of the can, the product does look - and feel - slightly more upmarket than other shaving gel products I've bought recently. Removing the plastic cap reveals a sturdy white nozzle made of robust plastic, which has a large button incorporated into its design. Pressing on this button will dispense the gel from within the canister, and I've never found any difficulties with using the product or its packaging, even though I suffer with limited strength in my hands as a result of limited mobility.

The Gillette Gel is a bright blue colour, which surprised me slightly as I had been expecting something 'pearl-like', I think, based on the canister's appearance. The Gel has a good consistency, and I don't find that it is overly thick. I find that the Gel lathers easily when it comes into contact with wet skin, and it transforms into a thick, white foam that easily engulfs the skin's surface in a thick layer. This transformation takes place in just a few moments, and I like how the product feels without fuss or hassle.

The product has a fairly strong aroma, but this is really only evident as the product is applied; as I start to work my razor through the thick foam, I find the scent fades easily, and a short time after I've finished shaving I can no longer detect it at all. I do find that the gel's aroma is quite 'perfumed', but it is feminine and pleasant enough, I suppose, though I can't say it is the product's best feature.

I find that my razor glides through the foamy substance with ease; hairs and stubble are removed easily and quickly, and I find that the foam is 'robust' enough that the skin underneath feels completely protected. This has allowed my legs to be shaved without any nicks or cuts being created in the process.

I do find that the Gillette 'With A Touch Of Olay' Gel is entirely suitable for my sensitive skin type, and there is no evidence of irritation or aggravation to my sensitive skin during - or after - the product has been used. Additionally, I find that my legs aren't left itching after I've shaved them with the Gillette Gel, which is quite a common side-effect of other products I use regularly. Not the end of the world, granted, but I am pleased to note that it doesn't appear at all when the Gillette Olay Gel is the product being used.

Based on these results, I do recommend the product as being completely suitable for those consumers who, like me, suffer with sensitive skin issues.

Another plus point for me is that I find the Gillette Olay Gel is slightly less 'drying' than most other shaving gel/foam products that I use regularly. Presumably, the difference is the addition of the "Shea Butter" that has been included in the products "Moisturising Formula" that "helps protect the skin against moisture loss during the shave", according to the blurb on the back of the metal canister.

Indeed, I do feel that THIS gel is more moisturising than most other shaving gels that I've bought before, and when this Gel is used when shaving, my legs are without the tell-tale symptoms of dryness; the skin does not appear flaky in areas, nor are my legs itching, and the texture - and appearance - of my legs looks quite 'normal'.

To be quite honest, I do still apply a good quality body lotion to the legs after shaving, such as the well-known E45 lotion, which I swear by for restoring moisture to extremely dry skin. I do tend to still carry out this practice, irrespective of which shaving gel has been used at the time, but this is really down to personal choice, and certainly I don't feel that I need to carry out this practice when the Gillette Olay Gel has been used - I just prefer to.

Taking everything into account, I do think the Gillette Satin Care With A Touch Of Olay Sensitive Shave Gel is a worthwhile purchase, and I would definitely buy it again. I particularly recommend it for those consumers who suffer with dry and/or sensitive skin that is prone to irritation after shaving, as the product seems to have been created with us in mind!

On this occasion, I feel that top marks in the rating score are deserved.

• Graygirl published 24/02/2014
    I like the sound of this - great review x
  • xmum2fourx published 11/02/2014
    Well reviewed x
  • pinky50 published 11/02/2014
    E hun x

offers "Gillette Satin Care With A Touch Of Olay Sensitive Shave Gel"