Gillette Shaving Foam Sensitive Skin

Gillette Shaving Foam Sensitive Skin

Shaving & Hair Removal Gel / Foam - Shaving Foam, Shaving Gel - for Women

Review of "Gillette Shaving Foam Sensitive Skin"

published 27/08/2003 | Leigh1
Member since : 11/04/2003
Pro Silky Smooth Legs with no cuts or nicks, nice smell
Cons Having to shave in the first place
How does it affect your skin?
How easy is to apply?
Does it smell good?
Quality of shave

"Legs Like Satin"

There’s nothing worse than hairy legs. Being too chicken to try sugaring or waxing and finding that most hair removal creams don’t really work too well, I tend to shave my legs. However, this can cause problems too, when you cut your skin. Not any more however, as Gillette have produced a shave gel for sensitive skin which promises to be “Anti Nicks & Cuts”.

Now I admit, I was a bit sceptical about this, how could this possibly work and I admit that my main reason for buying it was that it was only £1.89 in Asda for the 195g can.

Does it actually work?
Well I have tried this gel in all sorts of ways, in the bath, in the shower, with a brand new razor and with an already used razor. I can promise you that not once have I experienced any cuts or nicks. I even tried shaving quickly, again, I experienced nothing, not even shaving burn, only silky smooth legs.

It claims to contain Silk, which is the reason behind the no nicks feature. I imagine that the silk assists the razor in gliding over the skin and provides a protective coating to prevent the razor hacking at your legs.

The Aloe Vera in the formula soothes your skin, thus preventing any rash or irritation and the Vitamin E moisturises your skin. However, I still apply my usual moisturiser afterwards.

The back of the can recommends that you use it in conjunction with the Gillette for Women Venus razor, however, I have been using disposable Wilkinson Sword ladies razors, and have experimented my boyfriends spare Mach 3 and a new blade and have not noticed any difference between the two.

I have also used this under my arms and have not experienced any rash or irritation there either. Even when I come to apply deoderant.

The Packaging
I will not go into great detail about the packaging, although I shall briefly describe it to assist in you finding it on the shop shelves. The can is turquoise in colour, across the top on a green banner are the words “Anti Nicks & Cuts”. Below this it says “Gillette for Women” then “Satin Care” in white writing. There is a green teardrop down at the bottom and below this it says “with silk”.

The can does not leave any rusty marks on the side of my bath.

Appearance and Smell
When you squeeze the button on the top, a turquoise gels comes out. On rubbing this into your skin it turns into a rich, creamy foam.

It smells clean and fresh. I think that it smells quite unisex, i.e. doesn’t smell floral or feminine, but this does not mean that it is unpleasant. Also, the smell lingers around the bathroom for sometime afterwards.

Overall Verdict
I love this shave gel. It does not irritate my skin or leave it feeling dry. My legs are smooth and soft for a couple of days afterwards. All this, plus I do not cut myself which is a bonus.

I also think that it is great value for money, you only need a small amount of gel to produce enough lather to do your legs.

I have looked on the Boots website to check availability and pricing on there, and I could not find it. I hope this means that it is getting packaged under a different name and not that they are discontinuing it. Now that I think of it, it’s a bit suspicious that it was much cheaper than the others in Asda too. I’d better nip up there later on and stock up. Nah, they have probably just repackaged it.

• nuish0003 published 28/03/2004
    fantastic review.love this range great for skin and smells lovely
  • Birky published 01/02/2004
    This stuff is great ! I use it too. Laura x
  • Lil_Miss_Pink published 26/01/2004
    I'll give it a go :)

offers "Gillette Shaving Foam Sensitive Skin"