Gillette Shaving Foam Sensitive Skin

Gillette Shaving Foam Sensitive Skin

Shaving & Hair Removal Gel / Foam - Shaving Foam, Shaving Gel - for Women

Review of "Gillette Shaving Foam Sensitive Skin"

published 18/11/2003 | jo1l
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro It works!
Cons can is a bit fiddly with wet legs
How does it affect your skin?
How easy is to apply?
Does it smell good?
Quality of shave

"How to get legs like satin!"

Since investing in my trusty Venus razor I've found that defluffing the legs isn't the torturous experience it used to be! Gone are the nicks and great chunks out of my legs that the (un)trusty Bic razor used to leave me with -not a pretty sight I can tell you as blood pours alarmingly down your legs! So I thought I was set up for life with my Venus razor.I'd got my shaving routine all sorted out, all I had to do was reach for the soap and work up a feeble lather on my legs whilst in the bath and that worked just fine! Well it works fine in the summer but when the weather gets cold I always find that the skin on my legs becomes dry and very slightly itchy. I don't think regular shaving helps it either. Now it was a question on either not shaving till the spring or finding something that might just help whilst shaving! I took the latter option. Thus I ended up prosing the shelves of shaving foams in my local branch of Bodycare

The brand name Satin Care kind of makes you think it's going to be soothing to your skin as you attempt to glide a sharp implement over it doesn't it? Given that Satin Care is made by Gillette - a company that has the lion's share of the shaving market it was also a more attractive proposition then some of the lesser known brands available.

Satin Care - Sensitive skin is most definitely aimed at the girlie market with it's turquoise blue can and co-ordinating green lid.It contains 200 mls of shaving foam. With the added claim that it is an anti nicks and cuts formula -always a plus point for me having suffered many a slashing occasion whilst attempted to defluff, I was sold! Satin Care - Sensitive skin also contains Aloe Vera known for it's healing properties and Vitamin E.

Having never used a shaving foam before I was still a bit skeptical as to whether this would help my irritated legs but given the fact that in Bodycare it was only £1.99 I thought it was worth ago. Satin Care is also available in Boots and most leading supermarkets but at the more costly sum of £2.99.

Now as I pointed out earlier I've never actually used a shaving foam before so it was a bit of a novelty for me as I struggled to remove the lid with wet hands and aim the can at my legs. after several attempts I took it upon myself to actually dry my hands. After one big squeeze a long wiggly line of turquoise foam fell on my legs then rapidly made it's escape to the darkest depths of the bath. This scenario occurred several times till I realized it might be a slightly better idea to firstly use a more gentler approach to squeezing and to aim for my other hand!

With this new found information I suddenly had a large worm of the gel on my hand which was rapidly turning to white as it started to foam. Hastily I slapped it onto my legs. It was at this point I noticed the rather pleasant and fresh aroma with the distinct smell of Aloe Vera. With legs now coated in a thick white layer of foam I decided to put it to the test. The Venus razor glided throw the layer of foam with ease and did look as if it might also be shaving that bit closer as well. With the Venus razor I've only suffered the odd cut so I can't say that Satin Care did save me from further shaving wounds. I have no intentions of putting it to the test and using a Bic razor just to see - I'll take Gillette's word for it that it's got anti nick and cuts properties.

After using the foam I did fine that my legs felt smoother than normal and weren't as irritated as they normally are immediately post shaving.I also didn't feel the need to slap on body lotion to help soothe and moisturize my legs Having used this product for just over a month I can recommend it especially if you have sensitive skin that is prone to becoming irritated post shaving!

Web Site - www.gillette.com

• robjak published 21/07/2014
    Thanks
  • tokenxx published 09/02/2006
    Very entertaining and interesting review and at the same time gives me all the info i need, cheers.
  • zoobremia published 21/02/2004
    Hi Jo, very great op, I don't need this one in fact of non using foam anywhere to shave, I only shave my head or my beard, but with an electrical-razor ... Anyway, this one helps a lot to decide pro gilette. Regards, Sven (Zoobremia)

offers "Gillette Shaving Foam Sensitive Skin"