Gillette Shaving Foam Sensitive Skin

Gillette Shaving Foam Sensitive Skin

Shaving & Hair Removal Gel / Foam - Shaving Foam, Shaving Gel - for Women

Review of "Gillette Shaving Foam Sensitive Skin"

published 30/09/2004 | emu128
Member since : 18/01/2001
Pro WORKS REALLY WELL
Cons BIT PRICEY
How does it affect your skin?
How easy is to apply?
Does it smell good?
Quality of shave

"SENSITIVE SATIN SHAVING"

I have quite sensitive skin and when it comes to shaving I ususally end up cutting myself, coming up in a rash or getting extremely dry skin. I've now found a superb shaving creme which helps tackle all those problems PLUS others!

I'd always used cheap shaving creams, gels and mousses until I saw this new product by Gilette. It was a bit on the pricey side but sometimes it's just not worth worrying about when it comes to quality versus price. The bottle looked good, I'd seen advertisements on the product and it seemed perfect for me so I bought it.

The gel is called 'SATIN CARE' by Gilette for women. It is specifically designed for sensitive skin and it contains aloe and vitamin E. It also contains silk extracts. The bottle specially says it is a shaving gel although once rubbed in the gel does form a brilliant, fluffy mousse. The bottle itself is different to the picture on this website (That picture is of the older bottle) The new bottle has a lime green lid with a baby blue bottle colour. The writing is in white. The size of the bottle is 195g.

The bottle itself will set you back between £3-£3.50. It is usually priced around £3.25 and is available from all large supermarkets. You can also buy this product from your local Boots and Superdrug stores - these stores usually have money off products like these so watch out!

The stuff itself is amazing! One small squirt will be enough for your legs easily! However the bottle emties rather quickly - I often find I'm buying this stuff on a fortnightly basis! The gel itself is blue - which is cool within itself! (I'm SO SO sad! HeHe) But once rubbed in, it gradually changes to a white mousse which is lovely! As I said before only a small amount is needed as if too much is used your razor cannot shave properly through the thickness of the mousse! The smell is very pleasant although nothing amazing. If you are after an extra - ordinary smell and are not fussed over the sensitive skin issue than I do believe Gilette for women offer other types of the gel too such as melon and berry etc (Infact I think they have other types too) But the most common bottles are this one and the one for normal skin which I believe is a pink bottle.

I have always shaved, never waxed or anything like that so if you are in a simalar situation to me, than this stuff might really be worth a try. It is quite pricey but still worth it! I have really enjoyed shaving with this stuff - I always wet shave in the shower so I don't know if you can use this stuff to dry shave. I do strongly believe that how well you shave is also based upon your razor as well as what gel/mousse you are using so make sure that you are using a good razor. I have a Gilette razor (the purple one with the holder) but I have been told that this gel works really well with the Gilette Venus razors.

The writing on the back of the bottle is as follows:

'Satin Care moisture rich shaving gel with silk gives you a close, smooth shave. This special sensitive skin formula contains soothing Aloe and Vitamin E to help decrease skin irritation. Feel the difference! Use with Gilette for women Venus shaving system for best results.'

The ingredients of this product are as listed below:

Aqua, Palmitic acid, Triethanolamine, Isopentane, Glyceryl oleate, Stearic acid, Isobutane, Sorbitol, Parfum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG90M, Silk amino acids, Tocopheryl acetate, Propylene glycol, Aloe barbadensis leaf juice, Silica, BHT, CI 42090.

I have had lots of fun with this shaving gel; foamy baths and showers and moistureised, non-hairy legs! What more could a girl ask for? This gel is pleasant, works brilliantly and you hardly use any each time you use it! If you haven't tried this product already I really recommend you do! I hope I've helped anyone by writing this review.

Cheers

emma x

• grown_up_girlie published 21/06/2005
    I used to use this years ago - I find it irritates my skin a lot. A really lovely review none the less. Vicx.
  • MAFARRIMOND published 30/09/2004
    I will have to try this at the weekend. Maureen
  • 3min_man published 30/09/2004
    I've recently found a Gillette product which is not just only fairly priced but is the best of its range I've evr tried. Gillette are all about quality and satisfaction so prices should be expected to be just that little higher than others in the range. Gavvy