Gillette Shaving Foam Sensitive Skin

Gillette Shaving Foam Sensitive Skin

Shaving & Hair Removal Gel / Foam - Shaving Foam, Shaving Gel - for Women

Review of "Gillette Shaving Foam Sensitive Skin"

published 11/04/2017 | mummytobe78
Member since : 20/07/2014
Trying to catch up after being in hospital for an op. Will get to rating all reviews ASAP
Pro Smells nice. Leaves skin soft
Cons Leaves a mess in bath
How does it affect your skin?
How easy is to apply?
Does it smell good?
Quality of shave

"The best a man can get - or woman"

My husband always has a can or two of shaving foam in the house and it is usually Gillette. I usually just use hair conditioner when shaving my legs but when I am running low I have been known to pinch his shaving foam.

The can he currently has is Gillette foam for sensitive skin.

A 200 ml can of the foam currently costs 95 pence in Semi Chem or £1.85 in Superdrug.

The can is quite masculine in appearance. It is mainly black with a blue/green colour at the bottom. Gillette is written in large white letters and in smaller writing it tells me it is for sensitive skin.

The can carries a warning that it is a pressurised container and to keep away from heat and not to smoke near it.

The can has a transparent lid on top which comes off very easily. It also appears to break easily and I have no idea how he does it, but Ian has managed to crack the lid on every can be has had within a couple of uses.

The can has a button on top which you push to release the foam. The button is quite large and not at all fiddly or awkward to press. The foam comes out at a good speed and it is very easy to get the required amount.

The foam has a nice fresh smell to it and smells a bit like soap. It is a scent that would be suitable for male or female users.

To use this you simply smooth into the area you are shaving and then shave. The foam feels very creamy and thick and you really do not need to use a lot. When Ian is shaving his face he tends to put it on quite thick, but I spread it much thinner when shaving my legs.

The razor glides very easily through the foam and even when using cheaper razors which I often cut my legs with, I have never had a problem with cutting myself when I use the foam.

After I have shaved my legs and rinsed them off the skin feels very smooth and soft. I always moisturise well after shaving and although I do still use my moisturiser, my skin is soft enough that I would not actually need to. Ian's face also feels lovely and soft after he shaves with this.

The only downside I have found is that when I shave my legs in the bath the foam does leave a mark around the edge of the bath. This does not particularly bother me as I clean the bath after it is used anyway.

I do not really know why I still go back to using hair conditioner and think this is just habit. I find the shaving foam gives me a much better shave and leaves my skin in better condition. It is also cheaper than constantly using my conditioner.

• euphie published 18/04/2017
    vh :o)
  • 2mennycds published 14/04/2017
    trusted brand. wish my skin was a bit less sensitive, I'd have a wet shave more often instead of making do with an electric shaver!
  • LiveMusicLoverLyn published 13/04/2017
    I like this one too!

offers "Gillette Shaving Foam Sensitive Skin"