Review of "Gillette Venus Embrace Blades"

published 22/08/2016 | bexx0907
Member since : 23/06/2009
Many thanks for all the R/R/C's, all much appreciated! Try to ensure I return the favour for all, but if I do miss you then give me a shout so I can get onto it!
Pro Give a close shave without leaving your legs dry and irritated
Cons Expensive
Ease of Use
Effectiveness

"Gillette Venus Embrace Razor Blades"

For as long as I can remember, I have always used Gillette razors as I feel that they give a close shave that doesn’t irritate or nick my skin and my skin always feels really smooth after use. I have always found their razors to be quite cheap, but replacement packs of blades are a different story! My current razor is the Gillette Venus Embrace and around 1 month ago, had to purchase a pack of blades to suit this razor.

I knew that blades weren’t cheap for a razor like this as like I have already mentioned, I have used this brand for a long time but I had really gotten on well with this razor and wanted to continue using it with the correct blades so off I trotted to Boots to pick some up.

A pack of 6 of these blades cost me £15.99 which obviously isn’t cheap, but is in the same price region of others in the range so I wasn’t too surprised at this.

Although not cheap, the blades are of a really high standard so I was happy to purchase them. The blades are really sharp and so shave right to the skin, leaving me with silky soft legs without any stubble at all, but although they shave close, they don’t nick at all, even in the harder to shave areas such as behind the ankles and across the knees which are areas where I have had ‘nicks’ before.

I love how smooth these blades and apparently this is down to their ‘curve hugging’ blades which help to remove every possible hair, and each razor blade features 5 blades. However, what I really like about these blades is the moisture ribbon (which does tend to be something that most of the ladies razors in this range have) as it really does leave my legs feeling incredibly soft and moisturised.

My skin can be quite sensitive, so it is imperative that I have a good quality razor that does a good job but doesn’t irritate my skin or leave it dry and itchy and I definitely have that with these blades as they are suitable for sensitive skin.

The great thing about these razors is that most blades fit most handles and these fit most Gillette Venus razor handles except the Simply Venus handle.

Overall, although not cheap these blades are well worth the money as they do a great job and last well too. I can use a blade on a regular basis and not have to replace it for around 3 weeks which I think is quite good so a pack of 6 will last a good few months and so therefore they come with a recommendation from me.

• danielclark691 published 08/09/2016