Gillette Venus Swirl Razor

Gillette Venus Swirl Razor

Review of "Gillette Venus Swirl Razor"

published 17/02/2016 | kiss_me2070
Member since : 11/02/2004
A huge thanks for all the reads, rates and comments. It's much appreciated :)
Pro gorgeous colour & pattern on the handle, shaving underarms is easier
Cons serum can get a little sticky, refills are expensive
Quality of shave
Durability of the razor
Durability of the blades

"It Makes Shaving That Little Bit Easier."

About the Product
= = = = = = = = = =
When it comes to razors for woman I have never seen such a huge selection to choose from. Gillette Venus seem to bring out a new razor all the time meaning when it comes to choosing a new razor it's not always easy. When I was in my local Superdrug store the other day I noticed this particular razor was on offer. When it comes to razors sometimes I end up buying a pack with a handle and blades in just because it's cheaper than buying refills for the Gillette Venus razors all the time. This new Venus Swirl razor has something called Flexiball technology which is designed to contour better to tricky areas like knees and ankles (vs. Venus Embrace). Venus Swirl has a water-activated Moisture Glide serum for incredible glide and the 5 blades are Gillette's most advanced with a Microfine comb to guide hair to the blades. The special contour blades adjust individually to every curve so that you can get a perfect shave each time. This razor is probably one of the girliest razor's I have seen. It's a gorgeous deep purple colour and if that wasn't girly enough it has a gorgeous silver swirl pattern on the handle and a textured swirl pattern further down the razor for grip.

= = = = = = = =
Price/Availability
= = = = = = = =
For the razor handle and one blade it will cost you around £11.99 in Boots. I how-ever managed to get this from Superdrug when it was half price. The 'Swirl' blade refills for the razor are not cheap costing around £10.99 for a pack of three but any Venus blades should fit this razor handle so you don't necessarily have to buy the 'swirl' blades.

Using the Product
= = = = = = = = = =
The product is very light in weight and due to the shape of the handle it's easy to hold, even with wet hands. When turning the pivoting head manually with my hand it seems a little stiff and I don't personally think it moves a great deal; although I feel differently once using the product. As this has water activated serum I wasn't going to apply any shaving gel/foam as I wanted to see how well this serum worked. I started off my shaving my legs and the razor glided easily up my legs. The slight raised area towards the end of the handle means you can get a really good grip on the handle. The razor feels smooth when gliding it over my wet skin and it seemed to glide across my skin without nipping at the skin. The serum was activated with the water and this made shaving a lot more comfortable than it would be without the water activated serum. I was able to shave my legs really easily, even the knees where I sometimes end up nipping myself with the razor. When it came to shaving my underarms I thought this razor was brilliant. Because of the flexiball technology I was able to shave my arms really easily. All it took was going over with the razor once or twice for hair free underarms. I found that it was easier shaving my underarms using this razor than I do with my previous one. The razor is also good at shaving the bikini line/area as well.

= = = = =
Results
= = = = =
When using the razor I did seem to get a really close shave; although I wouldn't have said it was any closer than some of the other Venus razors that I have used before. After getting outing of the shower and drying myself off my legs felt very smooth and they felt moisturised as well. I was actually very pleased and impressed at how smooth my legs felt which I can only assume has something to do with the water activated serum. The razor is reasonably easy to rinse; although you do sometimes get a few hairs which get stuck in between the blades. After using the razor you have to ensure you don't put this face down on a flat surface otherwise the serum from the razor tends to stick to the surface and leaves a bit of a mess so after using the razor try and stand it up against something or leave it facing up which I know isn't the safest of options so please be careful!

= = = = = = = = =
Overall Opinion
= = = = = = = = =
I love the idea of this razor and I absolutely love the colour of the razor. In terms of the colour I think this is the nicest colour/looking razor from Gillette Venus so far. The flexiball head to the razor is brilliant and I think it does make a difference to shaving, especially when shaving the underarm area. The razor is just as easy to hold as any other and I like that you don't need to use additional shaving gel/foam with this. The water activated serum really helps to get a smooth shave and it leaves your skin feeling soft, smooth and moisturised, although I still apply moisturiser to my skin when getting out of the shower anyway. In terms of value this is a little pricier than some of the other razors but it is a good razor and it does look nicer than some of the other razors that are available. I will buy the refills to go with this razor but I will definitely be looking out for any promotions so I can maybe get them when they are on offer. If you are looking for a new razor then this one is lovely and the flexiball head surprisingly does make that bit of a difference.

• snow_drops published 06/10/2016
    vh
  • rolandrat123 published 02/03/2016
    useful
  • cath_del published 20/02/2016
    vh

offers "Gillette Venus Swirl Razor"