Glade Spiced Apple Candle

Glade Spiced Apple Candle

Type: Candle/Candle Holder - Candle

Review of "Glade Spiced Apple Candle"

published 10/07/2011 | Thehonesttruth
Member since : 26/05/2004
Ciao Confessions - Every review of mine with an overall E rating, I've written whilst drunk and don't remember writing in the morning. Is that good or bad?
Pro A warm inviting glow and a fresh smelling home
Cons As with all candles, should be used wisely

"A warm and scented glow - I would appley recommend it!"

On a recent trip to the supermarket, I noticed that all the Glade candles were half price . As my home has a few pets - two cats, and two guinea pigs, and as I'm also an occasional smoker, it can on occasion smell a little fusty, so scented candles are just the thing for getting rid of musty smells .

I picked up a selection of different scents, including this Spiced Apple variety . This one particularly appealed to me as Christmas is fast approaching, and with it's rather festive little red glass pot, this would match my christmas decorations well, fitting right in rather than standing out like a sort thumb.

The pot itself is rather ball like in shape - it has a flat bottom, allowing it to be securely placed on a surface, but the sides are curved and sloped in a ball shape, with a wide opening in the top allowing the wick to be lit very easily .

The pot is made of glass, with a shrunk on plastic cover bearing red and gold colours, and really looks quite festive . The bottom half of the pot is paler, ranging through white, to pink, to a bright burgundy red at the top, and is patterned with holy and berries, with some small star details in gold. The candle itself is read in colour, and quite glossy in appearance, and the wick is trimmed to around half an inch.

The smell when lit is wonderful - apple is certainlu there, along with hints of ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg. It's a real christmassy combination, with the mingled scents really making me think of hot steaming mugs of mulled wine . It isn't overwhelmingly strong, but certainly covers up and removes stale odours, and makes the house smell warm and inviting.

The candle burns evenly, but quite slowly . The packaging claims it can burn for upto thirty hours - whether or not that is indeed the case remainss to be seen, but it does seem to be burning quite slowly, so I'm confident of getting plenty of use out of it . And when it does burn down, at least I'll have the pretty decorated pot to retain for housing tea lights and such.

Obviously, as with all candles, you need to be careful not to leave this burning unattended, as it could catch aligh to other things, or be knocked over by pets . I would also recommend not burning this on polished wood or delicate surfaces, as the pot can get quite warm, and this may damage furniture - best bet is to burn it on a candle plate to be on the safe side .

Having paid just £1.50 as these were on half price, I think these offer excellent value for money , and I'm glad I stocked up on other varieties in order to try them too . That said, I think even at £3 these are good value, as they not only provide a warm and welcoming glow, and a lovely festive smell, but they also seem to neautralise other odours .

5 stars

• pink_champagne published 13/07/2011
    I still havent tried this one x
  • anonymili published 11/07/2011
    I had a few months earlier this year where I lost my sense of smell - now I've had a nose op I'd like to try something like this as I do like a good scented candle and this sounds lovely!
  • chrisandmark_is_here published 11/07/2011
    I love this one, great title! x