Global Vision International

Global Vision International

Review of "Global Vision International"

published 24/10/2017 | samjeffrey1
Member since : 24/10/2017
Pro Incredible support and amazing experiences
Cons None
Range of Activities
General Information
Application Process
On-the-placement Support
Office Staff

"GVI ThAILAND JULY 2017"

I volunteered with GVI in Thailand for two weeks in July 2017. During that time I had many incredible experiences. One of the most memorable for me was when we all piled into an old longboat with a very loud motor at the main port in Khao Sok National Park, where we would be staying at a boathouse overnight. As soon as we set off I was absolutely taken aback by the beauty of the area. Everywhere I turned, massive mountains and rocks loomed large over the boat. This was a moment where I thought to myself, ˜How on earth can a camera hope to capture and represent a scene so incredible as this?" The longboat ride took about an hour or so but I was constantly taking pictures in the hope that one might look as beautiful as the real thing! When we arrived, I was blown away! The boathouse was essentially a collection of floating huts connected by a wooden walkway with a floating restaurant/dining area in the middle. The rooms themselves were literally huts with nothing but a bed in the middle and a fan on the wall and an electrical socket next to the window. However, what made up for this was the incredible views out over the lake which were stunningly gorgeous. We took some kayaks out on to the lake later on and went for an explore around the area and swim in the crystal clear water. We used the lifejackets as floats too which made the experience even better because we could relax and take in all of the scenery. Later that night, after it got dark, I set up my camera and tripod and managed to take some fantastic pictures of the starts which were shining very brightly that night. This experience, and so many others I had during my time in the country would not have occurred if it weren't for GVI and their volunteering programs, which are excellent. I would recommend them to anyone.

• LiveMusicLoverLyn published 28/10/2017
    Much more is needed
  • JasonJRogers published 26/10/2017
    SH!
  • NBCMad92 published 25/10/2017
    Welcome to Ciao. This is a good start to a review but for higher ratings you should expand more. Try aiming for at least 500 words and give us more information about what you are reviewing. Hope this helps :)

Product Information : Global Vision International