Go Travel Memory Foam Luxury Travel Pillow

Go Travel Memory Foam Luxury Travel Pillow

Pillow

Review of "Go Travel Memory Foam Luxury Travel Pillow"

published 18/05/2015 | anwar
Member since : 30/04/2003
All reads gratefully received! If I miss you give me a shout! Thanks for the premium fund ciao!
Satisfactory
Pro kept my feet comfortable!
Cons wasn't comfortable as a pillow.

"Happy feet!"

I find it really difficult to sleep on planes and so whilst in the airport waiting for our mammoth long haul flight to New Zealand I decided to buy a couple of travel pillows for myself and my son as I thought they would help us to sleep. There were several options available and I eventually opted for a memory foam design from Travel go; mainly as this brand was on offer making it cheaper than its rivals. I can’t remember exactly how much I paid but can see that this design retails for around £15 in most shops.

The pillow.
***************

The pillow is covered in soft velour making it pleasant to touch. There were a few colour options available and I choose the blue/grey colour as I thought it looked quite smart. The cushion has a curved shape and a flat back design; the idea being that the pillow will lie flat against a head rest. It is filled with visco-eatic memory foam designed to return to its original shape no matter how much it is crushed.

The pillow is designed to wrap around your neck, giving support to your head and neck whilst travelling and is especially recommended for use on planes and trains.

The pillow has a loop on one side and button on the other designed to allow you to fasten the pillow to a case or bag making it easy to carry. It is quite bulky and being able to attach it to by bag was helpful.

My opinion.
****************

I really had high hopes of this pillow believing it would help me to get some much needed sleep on our long flight to New Zealand. However unfortunately I found it really uncomfortable. When I wrapped it around my neck the pillow was just far too bulky and no matter how much I tried to compress it my head was held at an awkward angle.

My young son had a similar problem and quickly discarded it underneath the seat. However I did find it excellent as a foot rest! The soft velour felt lovely against my bare feet and I liked the way my feet sunk into the foam. My son also used his pillow as a foot rest and like me thought it was great!

So overall this was not my finest purchases and not one I could recommend. However the pillow does make a lovely (if expensive) foot rest so my money was not entirely wasted!

• justarube published 03/09/2016