Goa (India)

Goa (India)

Review of "Goa (India)"

published 17/10/2011 | heathersmummy
Member since : 31/07/2007
Pro Fantastic climate, wonderful people, relaxation central
Cons Mosquitos !
Sightseeing
Shopping
Nightlife
Ease of getting around

"Well worth the flight"

My boyfriend and I (25 and 31 respectively) travelled to Goa last March for an 8 day trip. Despite the very long flight (9 hours) with no cigarettes, I found Goa to be everything I dreamed of and more.
The climate in March was wonderful and warm - at least 30 degrees every day - and very humid. This time of tear is quite close to monsoon season and this, coupled with the humid climate, meant that the beaches etc weren't as busy as they could have been.

We stayed at a B&B accommodation about 5 mins walk from Calangute beach. The rooms were basic and the air conditioning wasn't wonderful (every time there was a power cut, which was most nights, it would go off) but the room met our needs.
To reach Calangute one walked down a dirt track past various restaurants and local shops - including an English cafe which was really, really good!

The beach itself at Calangute wasn't my favourite I must say - too many touts and people offering massages for my liking. I preferred to hop in a taxi for about £4 and head off to Cocoa beach - a beautifully quiet beach set into a bay so the waves are tiny.
Food in Goa mainly consisted, for us, of seafood (which was incredible), rice dishes and curry dishes - all of which suited our pallets well. If you aren't big on any of the former you probably wont have any trouble - we even found an Italian restaurant (but beware, it doesn't tell you it is a vegetarian restaurant!)

All in all, I completely loved my trip to Goa - the weather was wonderful the locals incredibly friendly and the beached divine - take a trip if you possibly can!

Summary: Well worth the flight

• jjcross published 18/10/2011
    I know Goa is on the east coast. However I have always wanted to visit The Central Business District of Mumbai!!!!

Product Information : Goa (India)

Listed on Ciao since: 29/06/2000