Golden Eye Ointment

Golden Eye Ointment

For the treatment of minor eye infections such as conjunctivitis and blepharitis

Review of "Golden Eye Ointment"

published 05/05/2012 | danielclark691
Member since : 27/02/2011
Reviews : 2099
Pro Simple application as it is an ointment.
Cons If you find eye drops easier to use then I would suggest you stick with that.
Price level
Why did you buy it?
Does it irritate your eyes?

"Golden Eye Ointment"

In the past and for many years I have always used Optrex eye drops and their very useful eye bath system for treating eye infections. I stumbled upon the Golden Eye Ointment online after reading some positive opinions of the product. I suppose you could say I am now doing my bit in returing my opinions from my experience of the product.

Although I have used Optrex in the past, I gave the Golden Eye treatment a try because although I could cope well with taking eye drops and using the eye bath, it is never a great feeling and I just fancied a change to see what else there was out there. The 4 gram tube that the Golden Eye Ointment comes in lasts a long time, and although I havn't used a full tube yet, I have owned this tube for a while and am less than a quarter of the way through it. The instructions advise that you apply about 1cm of the ointment to the affected eye and to do this 3 or 4 times a day.

The ingredients to this product are very simple, Liquid paraffin, wool fat and yellow soft paraffin, the active ingredient being Chloramphenicol. The packaging also suggests the product 'is for acute bacterial conjunctivitis.' It can also be used for minor eye infections and irritations. I find the ointment a little easier to apply than the drops, as it can sometimes be difficult to apply the drops. As I hardly get eye infections, when using the drops it is something you are never prepared for, and the ointment is in my opinion more effective. Although I havn't had a serious eye infection, I have had ones that have lasted a number of days, and by using the ointment I can be sure that the treatment is getting to the right area.

I wouldn't put anybody off using the Golden Eye Ointment, especially if you are not too keen on using eye drops or the eye bath. A lot of eye infections get left due to the problems with treatment, but this is your sight we are talking about, so it is certainly worth taking seriously. The ointment is a little runny, which ensures it is simple to apply and I for one won't be rushing back to using eye drops after my experience of this product. Golden Eye Ointment is available widely online for around the £5 mark.

• anonymili published 29/08/2016
    h.
  • pgn0 published 05/05/2012
    This was recommended once when a stye affected an eyelid - not too costly, and very effective. I could not imagine using it in lieu of Optrex or similar though, as it has an antibiotic in it.
  • randy_edith published 05/05/2012
    This sounds quite good, I have never heard of it before now