Kezzalea 5

Kezzalea

Member since:14.08.2003

Get your PC an Employer

26.02.2004 (11.09.2005)

Advantages:
paid for nothing, no interferance in my connection, no adverts

Disadvantages:
have to earn £2 : 50 before they pay you, takes a while to be activated

30 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  3. Chardon
  1. Hexaboy
  2. wildcat2003
  3. elkiedee

Cash while your busy, Idle, or sleeping, Become a Gómez Peer and earn cash every month, no spy ware, adverts, banners, or pop ups get paid for your computer's Work, This earn while your connected is very different to others as the company needs your computer to work for them. Let me explain;

Who Are They?

Gomez is an Internet Performance Management Company and has been around since 1997.

What Do They Do?

There website says "Gómez Performance Management services ensure consistent, fast and reliable delivery of Web applications across the global Internet. We monitor 24 x 7, capturing, analyzing and delivering Internet performance data in real-time with unrivalled clarity, detail, accuracy and flexibility."
The Gomez Peer Network is said to be the worlds:
· First real-time network
· First node-based infrastructure with replication services (for enhanced reliability)
· First Internet performance measurement environment with adaptive alerts
· First end-to-end synthetic performance network integrated with "last-mile" measurement capability

Where do we come in?

One of the tests they do on their client's websites is called The Last Mile. The factors tested for the Last Mile Report are;
· Back-end infrastructure and hosting relationships;
· Third-party content and transactions;
· Backbone conditions;
· ISP outages and congestion;
· Geographic variables; and
· Internet connection types.
This is classed as one of the most important service's they offer as its from the customers prospective - it shows an over all picture to a company how there website performs from any part of the world in different conditions connecting at different speeds. The way this is tested is by using all the people like me who have signed up as a Gomez Peers. So you can see we are pretty important to the service they offer.

How To Join

There are four easy steps:

Step 1
Complete the online application form.
This is where you could be really nice to me and use this address http://peer.gomez.com/peernetwork/jsp/application.jsp?Referrer=KezzaG or put KezzaG in the Referred by field. The form requires a username, password, full name and email address (if you already have a paypal account then put the email address you use for that here). The next part of the form asks a few basic questions on your Internet connection. The last part needs your address and how you would like paid filled in. Click Submit and Gómez will now review your application and notify you of your Account Status via e-mail within 10 business days of receiving your application. While waiting for this email go to

Step 2
Download the Gómez PEER software.
To install the Gómez PEER, ensure you meet the system requirements
· Windows 95, 98, ME, XP, NT or 2000
· Pentium II or better CPU
· 32 MB RAM 30 MB Drive Space, including the Java Virtual Machine (JVM)
The Download is 2.7MB in size for UK residents
· NOTE: If you are running Windows 95, make sure you have the latest version of Windows Socket. You can download the latest WinSocks from there website.

Step 3
Install and run the Gómez PEER software.
Once you have this you double click it and follow the on screen instructions. The Gómez PEER will automatically start the next time you reboot your system.

When Gómez PEER runs for the first time, you will be required to enter the username and password that you choose when you registered it will then be virtually unnoticeable on your PC. A small icon in your system tray will indicate that its running "in the background" of your machine. Double-clicking on this icon will launch the Gómez Peer screen so you can see how much you have earned. A 'right-click' on the icon will bring up a menu that allows you to quit the application. If you ever need to remove the program just go through add/remove as normal no problem.

Step 4
Register for a PayPal or e-Gold account. This step only counts if you do not already have one, again make sure what ever email address you use it matches the address you register on Gomez with so they can pay you direct.

When you first start running Gomez you are put in one of three states (Active, Pending Inactive) while the review your application and your online time.
· ACTIVE: Gómez has selected you to be paid every month for your Online Time and Processing Time.
· PENDING: Gómez has reviewed your application, but your system characteristics and system activity do not meet Gómez's current business needs. However, by continuing to run the PEER, you remain eligible to be selected as an Active PEER because we continue to track your online availability.
· INACTIVE: Gómez has not received your application or your Online Time has fallen below the minimum monthly threshold of 30 hours. Inactive PEERs are not paid for their Online Time and Processing Time.

When I first started running it I was put as pending for the first couple of weeks before being activated I heard from others this is quite common several think this is to deter time wasters. There is a leader board which tells you how much others have earned and how long they been on line that month or overall and a newsletter to keep you informed on any changes or more money earning tips.

You can also install the program under your username on more than one machine as long as under machine name you call them something different,,,,great for those with networks.

Money
Ok the important bit, you make money in three different ways, by your online time, your processing time, and referrals, I've been using this for just over three months now and my money has slowly crept up (which again I'm told is normal the more your online the more work units Gomez sends you), your not going to make a fortune by any means but ever extra helps, My first month I got £5 (although I wasn't active but pending for part of that month) The second I got £11 and last month I got £14, (again others have said they have earned less and more so seems at bit random depending on there needs but I have never heard of anyone being refused an application which is good)

Gomez runs the whole time I am connected, I'm a dial up user and have never found it to be a problem in slowing up my connection even when its processing a work unit. (I'd be interested to hear if broadband uses make more money seeing as they have more bandwidth to process work). I am connected most evenings and all day at weekends with the PC being left connected overnight some times.

Like I said not loads of money but it goes straight to my PayPal account, which I add to my Ciao money, its nice to build up. I've not referred anyone yet so I'm not sure how much of an impact that will make but if any of you join using my name as the referrer (KezzaG) I'll let you know.
Over all I'm really pleased with Gomez and nice to know you can get something for nothing.

Ooh and before I go some more good news
Gomez's current client list of clients includes 300-plus Fortune 1000 companies, including over two-thirds of the top financial institutions in North America. Network Computing also recently recognized Gomez as the best Internet performance monitoring service. This is all good news as the more clients they have the more they will need our PC's and the more money we will make.

Thanks for reading this far

Kezza xx

**************** Update*******************Update****

Thanks to Cripple who has joined up and been activated (took him ten days to be activated which is quicker than my two weeks) although there are a couple others who have signed up and not been activated yet will update this when they do so you can see how long it took them, I got $1:00 for the referal so im guessing that is the standard amount,

And to answer a couple of questions from Gomez FAQ
How long to become active?
As a PEER in Pending status, your account will be reviewed each time we process activations If we have an increased need for testing in your area then your possibility of reaching active status also increases. Unfortunately, since we match the network to our customers needs in this dynamic fashion, we cannot give you a definite time frame.

Is the Gómez PEER secure? Does it provide access to my personal files or data?

The Gómez PEER was designed with security in mind. The PEER defines a "sandbox" on your machine that sets advanced security policies to prevent unauthorized access. Also, the information passed between your machine and our server is encrypted using SSL.

The PEER does not allow access to your personal files or data. It only processes the work that is sent to it by Gómez's servers. For this reason, the PEER will not allow your computer to "catch" viruses. The information sent to the Gómez PEER is in message form (not in file form, like an e-mail attachment). Your files and privacy are not compromised by the Gómez PEER

***************************************************

sgjenning 23.10.2007 11:46

Interesting. Seemsto me that to earn anything from them you need to be on dial-up! Not much use to us broadband users then.

Hexaboy 19.01.2007 17:37

Good Review. I'm trying Gomez out now, the most i can earn is £100 per year, and that is if you leave it on 24/7. I will write up a review in the next few weeks if anything happens.

Writing321 26.09.2005 21:55

Really good information, interesting concept. will look at it for a little extra.... thanks Lois