Review of "Goodmans GMP38G6"

published 05/10/2008 | cheekyegg
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Good
Pro Good memory
Cons scrolling display makes a clicking noise during music
Video Quality
Sound Quality
Range of Features
Ease of Use

"Goodmans, Good Luck!!!!"

I was reluctant to buy the I-Pod because it keeps changing so much so I decided to go for the cheaper option which is the Goodman GMP38G6. It's got really good quality sound and the headphones are very comfortable. The menus are very difficult to navigate and Goodman's should work on this. One glitch I noticed is that when you're listening to music you can hear the screen display scrolling the artist and song name. It makes a very faint clicking noise as it scrolls. I phoned the helpline which is detailed on the back of the device but they weren't any help at all.
It's definitely no-where near the quality of the I-Pod but is better than most mp3 and mp4 players. You can record voice but you can't easily use it to store other types of files like photos or MS office files but with some effort it is possible. You get a mini CD with it that allows you to transfer movies but like the I-Pod, this is a long drawn out process.
Comes in an attractive box with a USB 1-2 cable. It's built in power supply can be charged through your PC and I connect it to a Trust Speaker System 2.1 for great sound. I paid £44.00 for this in a sale at Argos so if you really only want it for music it ideal. But if I had my choice again I'd shop around.