Review of "Google Chrome"

published 08/09/2008 | lesleyanne18
Member since : 07/07/2003
My Name is Lesleyanne - As you guessed from my chosen username. I may not respond to your reviews right away as i can not always get online BUT i will - So please be patient :) Anything else you wanna no mge me.
Pro Nice, neat and minimal
Cons None
Instructions / Help
Ease of Installation
Reliability
Range of extra features / functions

"Google Chrome"

Google Chrome

I dont know why but i love to try new web browsers to see what the difference is in them. I have always used Internet explorer ever since i was in school, then firefox was the next one. i never liked firefox for some reason, so i ended up looking online for other web browsers and i came across. I came across opera, which was nice to look at, it was red and grey toolbars, and was nicer than the boring grey and blue internet explorer. I used it for a while, then tried safari, a minimalist browser which only had a few things on toolbar, for faster internet experience.

Now having tried all them web browsers, i ended up going back to internet explorer again. Then one day on google i seen they had a new web browser which i could try - Google Chrome.

I downloaded google chrome to see what it was like and i have to admit its my favourite out of them all. I love the tabbing system along the top, and the favourites which can be set up on the toolbar, and when you open a new tab, all your recent web sites are all stored on a nice user interface. Its designed so that it looks like a mini version of the website i was viewing previously, when you open a new tab.

After using it for a few days, i have noticed that it is alot faster, alot neater and nicer to look at.
Google have always been developing more and more great products over the years and this just tops the list. Its only a beta version for now, but when its launched properly, it will be a big hit. Just like gmail was and google search engine, and all the other products.

Installing it is very easy, you just click the link on google's homepage and it will start the installation right away. A desktop item will appear on your desktop for handiness, and even though you have downloaded it, you can also use internet explorer as well if need be.

I have not had any problems with google chrome so far, i like also that if your internet has shut down inappropriatly, then google chrome has an option to restore you to your previous point, which can come in very handy.

So, all i can say is that its minimal, faster, and has a nice interface and so far i have had no problems with it. I think its the best out of all i mentioned above.

Try it - its really good :)

Lesleyanne

• pgn0 published 12/12/2008
    Polychrome browsing in double-quick time - nice short review.
  • Stg27 published 08/09/2008
    Good review.Might give it a try.