Review of "Google Toolbar"

published 15/09/2006 | rosycn1979
Member since : 13/11/2005
Pro Easy to use, effective popup block
Cons none
Instructions / Help
Ease of Installation
Reliability
Range of extra features / functions

"A great, simple, helpful kit"

There are many times when I install softwares, I was asked whether to install Google ToolBar. I would normally choose no as I didn't want to fill many things to my fabric IE browser. Just few days ago, a friend recommended me to install Google Toolbar due to a number of annoying popups. I did and I found it is a great toolkit when we surf on the internet.

It is easy to get and install. You can download it free from http://toolbar.google.com, then just follow the instruction to install. That's very simple.

Once you install, you can see the toolbar appear on the IE browser. There are many functions including Google search, popup block, spelling check, AutoFill etc. The functions I found especially useful are as follows:

1. Popup blocker. I probably would put this as the most useful function as my initial aim to use Google Toolbar is to block popups. When you don't want popup windows to appear when you are surfing, just choose popup block. Meanwhile, you may need popup sometimes, such as filling certain forms, you can still set back to popup ok.

2. Highlight search term. Normally, when we use search engine, we get a large page of content there, we couldn't easily find where is related to our search. The highlight search term function makes easier when you are looking for the content you are searching. You can see the key words you searched in the highlight.

3. The search function. This is the main function of Google search engine. Before I just set Google.com as my home page because I use it a lot. But now, I can change whatever home page I like as well use Google conviently. Because the Google Toolbar is there, I can do my search at any time.

4. AutoFill. I use this function for several times. I like this idea of letting forms to be automatically fill in. However, I still prefer to fill form every time I need. Probably because I think this is also a way to keep my memory being used.

That's all I've tried with Google Toolbar. Generally I think it's a great tool for web surfing. As more as I use, I will add more infor on this review.

• Bollinger28 published 19/09/2006
    My boss keeps taking it off my PC at work, and I just keep putting it back on again, as I am totally lost without it! Lexy
  • VC81 published 15/09/2006
    My google toolbar has just automatically updated and there are a lot of new functions on the new version. I still love the time saving autofill feature.
  • salem_witch published 15/09/2006
    I installed this because I got points through Mutualpoints. I liked it at first but then it kept freezing my PC for some reason. So after a few hours it got removed!