Graco Travel Cot

Graco Travel Cot

Review of "Graco Travel Cot"

published 07/02/2003 | lexijoe
Member since : 20/09/2001
Pro Plenty of room for nappies and stuff in care centre
Cons Doesn't fit through doors.
Mattress Base
Ease of cleaning
Cot Sides
Teething Rails

"Graco Travel Cot Care Centre"

I am lucky enough to have a mother who lives in the same house as me and is willing to look after my daughter from six in the morning until twelve noon so that I get proper sleep every day. This means that we like to move my daughter from one room to another when we swop over. This is fine while she is still small enough to fit in her carry cot as we just keep her on the wheels and move her that way. No fuss.

As she is getting bigger we needed to find something else to move her in and thought that a travel cot with wheels would be the answer.

I first ordered a Graco Contair Travel Cot from Littlewoods Extra for £69.99 but when it arrived realised that it wouldn't work as it didn't fit through the doors. Oops. That was sent back sharpish and I spotted a Graco Travel Cot/Care Centre. It boasted to be 66cm wide when upright and we thought hurray as it would fit.

It also comes with a basinette and a care centre which comprises of four different sized compartments that can be clipped into the travel cot next to the basinette to hold nappies, wipes and other paraphinalia that a baby needs.

The basinette is only half sized so it will not last very lng before she is too big to fit and the canopy is ok but it can make it very difficult to get her in and out. This can be unclipped though and pushed out of the way.

Also the basinette mattress is the playpen mattress which has been folded.

The care centre is excellent and I find that I have to clear it out often as it is so handy to put things in.

I haven't tried the main playpen yet as she is still too little but it won't be long.

The travel cot is very easy to assemble and disassemble and comes with a carry bag for easy travelling. It isn't very heavy but it doesn't weigh nothing either.

My main problem with this travel cot is that it still doesn't fit though the doors but it was still a very good buy. I got mine brand new off ebay for £55.00.

As she seems to like it, it will be a godsend for travelling and as a playpen.

• AnitaM published 07/02/2003
    I'd be lost without our travel cot - they're such a fantastic invention.

Product Information : Graco Travel Cot

This is a simple, sturdy, full-sized travel cot or playpen that's suitable from birth until your baby's approximately 3 years old. Key Features: Unique patented folding system - 60 seconds or less to put up Four mesh sides for good visibility & ventilation Additional Features Sponge clean mattress & wipe clean top rails Includes Handy carry bag Dimensions Folded: L26x W26 x H80cm Unfolded: L102 x W72 x H80cm

Long Name: Travel Cot, Compact Travel Cot