Graze Jaffa Cakes

Graze Jaffa Cakes

Review of "Graze Jaffa Cakes"

published 27/02/2014 | pumfster
Member since : 22/02/2003
Continued Thanks to everyone who rates my reviews, they are all appreciated. May I take this time to apologise for the fishkeeping and terrible music reviews that are on their way!
Pro Very tasty. A very filling snack
Cons Does have a reasonably high amount of fat in them, so balance is required.
Taste
Smell
Product Quality
Packaging

"It's amazing just how authentic this snack tastes!"

I’m always on the look out for healthy snacks and food, as I try (and occasionally succeed!) to eat a reasonably healthy balanced diet. When I discovered Graze.com I was intrigued to know whether the healthy snacks that they advertise on the television and radio were actually as tasty as they made out, so I signed up. Well after a year of receiving a box a week of their tasty goodies, I’ve decided to start reviewing them so others can take advantage of them.

Graze Jaffa Cakes are a cute little take on the humble jaffa cake, and are supposedly healthy for you too. Instead of the little biscuit (or is that cake?) that we are used to, we get in a little 45g punnet of roasted hazelnuts, some orange infused raisins and some dark chocolate buttons. The nutritional information is provided with your snacks each week and for the jaffa cakes is: -

Energy: 208kcal.
Fat: 13g.
Of which Saturates: 4g.
Carbohydrates: 19g.
Protein: 3g.
Salt: 0.028g

The little punnet is easy to open and get into by removing just a small plastic film, and there is only a faint scent that comes from the punnet on opening, which although pleasant, is simply just a chocolate orange kind of smell. It doesn’t really do what is about to happen justice! The hazelnuts, chocolate and orange raisins are all pretty decent tasting on their own, however where this snack comes into its own is when you collect together a roasted hazelnut, a few of the raisins and a chocolate button and put them into your mouth together. I have to admit that the first time I had this snack I was dubious about the jaffa cake title as I didn’t really see how this little collection of seemingly random ingredients would come together, however when you put them all into your mouth together you will be very surprised. The flavour is exactly as you would find with a jaffa cake. If you couldn’t see the snack in front of you, you would think you had eaten a jaffa cake. I’m not over exaggerating here and was actually very surprised.

I would also say here that I find that even though this is only a small little 45g punnet, it fills me up and keeps me going for hours, keeping the hunger away. I’ve found some of Graze snacks are a little hit and miss when it comes to being filling, but I think that the jaffa cake one definitely hits the mark. As I’m not tempted to snack on anything else after this, I find that it does work as a healthy alternative to a packet of crisps or chocolate bar from the works vending machine. In addition, the proportions of the snack also add to the healthy aspect of it, as there are generally only 3 or 4 chocolate buttons, with a whole host of raisins and hazelnuts. I like to split the chocolate buttons into two pieces so as to increase the number of jaffa cakes I can make when eating these.

So to sum up the jaffa cake snack from Graze, I would recommend anyone who is currently a Graze.com user to try these if they haven’t already done so. Anyone considering trying out Graze should definitely consider putting these on their initial list of things to try as it really is impressive just how tasty and true to a jaffa cake they taste. It should also be noted that these only really work as a healthy alternative as part of a balanced diet, and it does have more calories and fat in it than a single actual jaffa cake has. It contains the same amount of carbohydrate as a single jaffa cake too, but I think the point here is most people don’t just eat one jaffa cake at a sitting. Certainly one to add to your like list.

• danielclark691 published 10/04/2015
    vh
  • CoffeeQueen68 published 28/02/2014
    They sound lovely. =) Louise.
  • Bandersnatch111 published 28/02/2014