Grease [Original London Cast] - Soundtrack

Grease [Original London Cast] - Soundtrack

1 CD(s) - Show - Label: Epic - Distributor: Sony Music/Arvato Services - Released: 09/1993 - 5099747463228

Review of "Grease [Original London Cast] - Soundtrack"

published 24/03/2001 | thedeadparrot
Member since : 20/03/2001
Pro All the song you know and love
Cons Not in the right order
Originality
Quality and consistency of tracks
Cover / Inlay Design and Content
Lyrics

"Hopelessly devoted..."

I bought this soundtrack when it came out for Grease's 20th anniversary. This version of the CD also comes with an "interactive" element, which basically means that you can watch clips from the movie for the songs "Greased Lightnin'", "Summer Nights", "You're The One That I Want" and "Hopelessly Devoted To You". It also has the credits for the movie. Although this is good, it's no substitute for the movie itself, and the sound is very flat on the clips as well as the fact that the clips are very short (about 30 seconds each) anyway.

The booklet for the CD is 10 pages long. 4 pages are a (pretty darned good) introduction to the machine that is Grease, written by John Tobler. The other 6 pages consist of pictures from the movie, along with one page for the track listings.

The songs on the album are:

1: Grease
17: Mooning
18: Freddy my love
19: Rock 'n' roll party queen
20: There are worse things I could do
21: Look at me I'm Sandra Dee (reprise)
22: We go together
23: Love is a many splendored thing
24: Grease (reprise)

And it all weighs in at just under 52 minutes. You would have expected more from 24 tracks, wouldn't you? But then, there are a lot of one and a half minute tracks in there.

So there you have it. As you can see, the songs on the album are in nothing like the order that they are in the film. In fact that is the only problem that I have with the CD. Still, it's in the same order as the original soundtrack was, so I suppose I can't complain too much.

All in all a great soundtrack CD. If you love Grease - the film, you'll love Grease - the soundtrack album.

This review was read 2031 times and was rated at

• xanadu published 24/03/2001
    I have the original Grease album, which I bought many years ago. It is one album that I keep going back to. Great opinion - Thanks Donna.

offers "Grease [Original London Cast] - Soundtrack"