Grease [Original London Cast] - Soundtrack

Grease [Original London Cast] - Soundtrack

1 CD(s) - Show - Label: Epic - Distributor: Sony Music/Arvato Services - Released: 09/1993 - 5099747463228

Review of "Grease [Original London Cast] - Soundtrack"

published 06/06/2001 | angels21
Member since : 31/08/2000
Still searching for that training contract to become a fully qualified solicitor. Are there any out there?
Pro great songs
Cons none
Originality
Quality and consistency of tracks
Cover / Inlay Design and Content
Lyrics
How does it compare to the artist's other releases

"go grease lightning"

This is my most favourite soundtrack of all time. Since I first watched the film I was addicted to it and know all the words to the songs. I had this soundtrack on tape originally but I listened to it so much it sounds a bit dodgy now. In parts of it the music goes slow and patchy. This then forced me into getting it on cd. Being a newer version to what I originally had this follows the stage version of it and includes extra songs from what was on the film. I will highlight the extra ones when i go through the songs.

There are 24 tracks on the album but the last song is the first song being repeated.That is grease, which is played at the start of the film when all the title names are going up. It is a fast song, with a good beat to it. The theme behind this song is a sort of cool one which the two main grouops of the tee birdes and the pink ladies continuosly portray throughout the film.

Summer nights- one of the most well known songs, sung between Sandy and Danny. The pair sing about their summer together unaware that they are not far away from each other. It is a bouncy song that flows along. At the end when they declare their love it slows down almost to a stand still. I love this song it is one of my favourites.

Hopelessly devoted- This is my favourite song which I love singing. Sung by Sandy after she has been made a fool of by Danny and Rizzo. It talks about how she should give up her feelings but her heart wont let her. It is a powerful ballad, that starts off slow then becomes more forceful at the chorus.

Youre the one that I want- sung at the end by Sandy and Danny when they get together at the fair. With Sandy all dressed up she makes it clear to Danny that he is the man for her.A fast and lively song throughout, it is a great focal point to the film. In certain parts of the song extra emphasis is put on words, slowing down the tempo but still keeping the song a lively one.

Sandy- sung by Danny after Sandy runs out on him. This is a ballad of which he sings about how miserable he is without her.Again the chorus is the powerful part but not quite up to the high standard of hopelessly devoted.

Beauty school dropout - Frenchie is the focal point in this song with the song sung about how she cant be a dropout and should go back to school. A mysterious bloke appears to sing this and the song can drag . This is one of my least favourite songs on the album.

look at me im sandra dean - sung my Rizzo in order to make fun of sandy. It is a fast song with a good tune in the background, slows down at the end when she notices sandy there but stil has the little beats at the end.

greased lightning - sung by Danny along with the rest of the tee birds. They brag about how great their car is goung to be and how cool it will look. a fast song, great bouncy tune , half way through there is a clapping sequence to the beat of the music and who can forget about the dance that we all automatically do to it.

Its raining on prom night - this is in the stage version. Sung by Sandy when everyone else is at the prom. She doesnt go as Danny goes with cha cha. A ballad about how sad she is that she doesnt go.

The next few are all songs that are played at the prom for them to dance to. A mixture of ballads and real rock and roll type music to get everyone up dancing.They are blue moon, rock n roll is here to stay, those magic changes, hound dog, born to hand jive and tears on my pillow.

freddy my love- in the stage version only. Sung by Marty concerning her boyfriend who is in the marines about how she misses him.

There are worst things I could do - Rizzo sings this powerful ballad type after finding out she is pregnant.

We go together - sung by everyone at the end in the fair. Saying how well they are together and wont lose contact. A fast song but with some strange lyrics like chang chang changity dip de warp.

There are so many good songs in this soundtack i could talk about it all day.

• SweetTooth93 published 02/03/2009
    I have this on cd as well as a cassette tape..xx
  • alleykatz published 11/07/2001
    One of my fav films and soundtracks too, I still know all the words to all the songs, and still get up and dance when they are played! Great op :)
  • joannahudson published 28/06/2001
    This brings back memories of dancing in front of the mirror singing 'look at me I'm Sandra Dee' into a hairbrush! Great review! Jo :@)