Review of "Greatest Hits - Blink 182"

published 13/02/2009 | c_i_a_o
Member since : 23/03/2008
Pro all their best songs...so far
Cons none
Originality
Quality and consistency of tracks
Cover / Inlay Design and Content
Lyrics

"blink are back"

This was the last album blink 182 ever released as they split up shortly after, I think a greatest hits was a nice album to release just before they split up as even though it was sad they were over, it was good to actually look back and listen to how much great songs they actually released over the years.

Track listing:
15. Always
16. Not Now
17. Another Girl, Another Planet
18. I Won't Be Home For Christmas
19. Go (BBC Radio Session)

As you can see, it is literally all of their best songs so I cant really go over which are my favourite and which aren’t all that good, because to be honest, I totally love them all, there all such great songs in their own right.

One thing that annoyed me a little about some of the earlier blink 182 albums was the poor quality of the tracks, so unlike many other bands who would just ram all their best songs onto a disk and sell it as their greatest hits, I was pleased to hear blink 182 had actually re-recorded every single song on this album, and even changed a few of the tracks, for example the start of carousel is completely different to the original.

They did also do some bonus tracks, I wont be home for Christmas and their live go was good however my favourite must be their cover of another girl another planet, its just great.
This is my favourite blink 182 album now, and its definitely the one to have.