Review of "Greatest Hits - Blink 182"

published 08/01/2012 | Absinthe_Fairy
Member since : 03/01/2011
Happy 2016!
Pro Some great classic pop-punk songs
Cons Some tracks sound too similar
Originality
Quality and consistency of tracks
Cover / Inlay Design and Content
Lyrics

"What's my age again? Am I too old for this album?"

Blink 182, an American pop punk band formed in 1992, released a Greatest Hits album in 2005. The band used to be quite popular around the time I was at 6th form, and in fact was one of my brother's favourite bands for a long time. I didn't own any of their albums myself, but I liked quite a few of their songs, so when I had the chance to get hold of their greatest hits album recently for a few pounds on Play.com, I took it.

Track Listing
16. Not Now
17. Another Girl Another Planet
18. I Won't Be Home For Christmas
19. GO

The album is full of guitar-laden pop punk hits, the highlights being What's My Age Again?, All the Small Things, The Rock Show, First Date and the rather sweet I Miss You. There is also a Christmas song, I Won't Be Home for Christmas, which is marked out by the addition of jangling bells! The lyrics are often quite witty but very 'teenager'. The band has been going for years now - they must be in their late 20s, it must be odd having to act like angsty teens still. Maybe they enjoy it! Apart from the aforementioned songs, a lot of the album sounds quite similar and many tracks just do not stand out. When listening to it I tend to listen to a few of the songs and skip the rest.

That said, the album can be obtained quite cheaply from Amazon and other sites so I do recommend it if you ever liked a few of their songs back in the day.

• catsholiday published 08/01/2012
    Could really do with more of your opinion on this.