Greatest Hits - Gipsy Kings

Greatest Hits - Gipsy Kings

Review of "Greatest Hits - Gipsy Kings"

published 29/07/2009 | frankfemale
Member since : 29/07/2009
Pro Great uplifting and up tempo music
Cons None
Originality
Quality and consistency of tracks
Cover / Inlay Design and Content
Lyrics

"Gipsy Kings is Spanish Music at its best"

Some of you may know Gipsy King for the spanish version of ‘Hotel California’. However, they are largely well known for many of the songs that feature on their greatest hits. Gipsy King like Bob Marley, in my opinion, are in a league of their own and once people hear their song Bombeleo , they will realise that they have heard it before. Although I only speak a few words of spanish, I don’t beleive it is needed to appreciate the guitar mastery and the warm, acoustic tones and variety this album offers.

I remember initially listening to Gipsy King in the 90’s when I worked at a restaurant that provided food and music from around the world. I now have the CD and it often keeps me company on long journeys and the drive to work.
The group has a great voice and the music often whisks me off to a warm, meditarranean climate. I close my eyes(not while i’m driving) and can imagine myself in an exotic, hot country with the sounds of the sea and the feel of sand beneath my feet. The music is very uplighting and its acoustic excellence and dulcet tones can be appreciated by people from all walks of life .
As with any album, I clearly have my favourites and Bomboleo is one of them, which I have learnt is a song about love and living your life well and this is a very up tempo and uplighting jubilant song.
If you like the taste of hispanic latin music with an arab flavour then this music is for you.

• mumsymary published 29/07/2009
    Just realised this is your first review , A fair beginning . I have been here a few years . I will offer you a tip or two . Read lots of other reviews those with coloured dots here longest so they have more idea how and what to write . . Not only will you pick up tips on how much and what info to give but people will readyour reviews in return , Alaso dont write more than 1 or 2 reviews a day not worth it yopu will not get the reads . All the best Mary
  • mumsymary published 29/07/2009
    Saw them live somewhere sometime at a festival probably

offers "Greatest Hits - Gipsy Kings"