Green Flag

Review of "Green Flag"

published 07/03/2003 | glidercwh
Member since : 17/10/2000
Pro Not many
Cons Slow, expensive, use third parties
Speed Of Response
Cost
Level Of Cover
Customer Service

"Green Drag."

Disgruntled 19 year old seeks good breakdown service. Must have GSOH and the ability to fix cars. NS and must always be on time!

Well, I won't be winning any awards for comedy, my only consolation is the fact that green flag won't be winning any for their service levels! Yes, you've probably guessed that I've had a bad experience, and no i'm not just another whining whinging "I got up on the wrong side of bed" person. There is a problem with green flag, a very serious problem. They are rubbish.

Enough of the complaining, here are the facts. I had an accident causing me to skid down a slope on a country road. This was at night and with only minor damage to the vehicle I phoned Green Flag rescue, who, after taking the details of my car, which they should have already had proceeded to "rescue" me from my peril. It was windy, cold and I was isolated in the countryside. They responded after an hour and a half, and the guy proceeded to tell me that although there was no damage to the car, except for the tyre he told me he was in the wrong vehicle to tow me and I would have to wait for another, different, vehicle. Should they have known they wouldn't be able to tow my car using this type of vehicle from my very descriptive call to the rescue centre earlier in the evening? I think so. But maybe the howling wind and rain obscured my voice!

Another two hours went by before the second (third party) rescue service arrived. I think green flag must use all third party services, and this is what I don't like. I will always prefer an AA or RAC style service to this. They did turn up, eventually, and loaded my car onto the back of a truck, ripping off my bumper as they went. There was no previous damage to the bumper. But what can you expect, I am disgruntled with the service, and I wouldn't use them again, but please do make your own minds up. RAC all the way for me.

• patriciat published 07/03/2003
    That would have put me off driving for the rest of my life.
  • SouthernComfort published 07/03/2003
    Been there, seen that and got the T-Shirt. I will never rely on Green Flag ever again as I have been kept waiting around for three hours before now. These day's I am with AA and rate them above all, even RAC!

Product Information : Green Flag

Tel: 0845 246 1557; Website: http://www.greenflag.co.uk/; Details: Breakdown assistance 24 hours a day, 365 days a year; A national network of breakdown specialists; An average response time around 40 minutes; 80% of breakdowns are fixed at the roadside; No Callout Discount, saving you money off next year's cover if you don't call us out; Almost 5 million customers; Over 30 years experience in providing breakdown assistance

Type: Breakdown Organisation