Green Flag

Cost
Level Of Cover
Customer Service

"Greenflag"

I have full cover with Greenflag and broke down in Suffolk in an area I do not know. I phoned and was told I would be recovered within one hour. Apparently there is a policy that a woman on her own is recovered within 37 minutes. 4 hours later and after many phone calls chasing, On time finally turned up. It then took another 25 minutes to get approval to leave and head back to Buckinghamshire. I received the most appalling service, with the operator constantly telling me that someone would be with me in 30 minutes.

In total, it took 41/2 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I eventually got home at 9pm travelling in the tow truck. The next morning, I was assured that my car would be collected and taken to a garage at 10am. Again, after several chasing up calls, they finally turned up at 12.30!

I received the most appalling service and I believe this was mainly due to the fact that Greenflag have contracted out their recovery service to a company call On Time who certainly were not on time and were discourteous and quite frankly just told lies about their arrrival times.

• 1st2thebar published 19/03/2012
    Your experience doesn't surprise me.

Product Information : Green Flag

Tel: 0845 246 1557; Website: http://www.greenflag.co.uk/; Details: Breakdown assistance 24 hours a day, 365 days a year; A national network of breakdown specialists; An average response time around 40 minutes; 80% of breakdowns are fixed at the roadside; No Callout Discount, saving you money off next year's cover if you don't call us out; Almost 5 million customers; Over 30 years experience in providing breakdown assistance

Type: Breakdown Organisation