Greenacres Horticultural Supplies Horticultural Fleece

Greenacres Horticultural Supplies Horticultural Fleece

Plant Care - Fertilizer

Review of "Greenacres Horticultural Supplies Horticultural Fleece"

published 30/04/2012 | randy_edith
Member since : 25/09/2011
Well I didn't dig the hole deep enough and now something's dug poor Gertie back up, I think it's a fox, it's very upsetting to see
Pro It is good quality and lasts a long time
Cons None
Performance
User's Manual

"I like this fleece the best"

Greenacres Horticultural Fleece on one of my raised beds, picture was taken in a bad light as I had gone to the allottment to put the chickens to bed

I have to use a good quality fleece at my allotment because it is the only way to make sure that all my lovely vegetables and fruits survive and produce good crops. I have tried different sorts of makes over the years but the one I prefer and go back to and recommend to other gardeners is the Greenacres Horticultural Fleece. It is more expensive but it is worth it, I feel.

I like this fleece because it is lovely and lightweight but it allows the rain and the heat and the light through so the plants underneath get the best of both worlds and are protected at the same time. I use this lovely fleece because we get a lot of problems with the wild birds coming down and eating our crops and also we get insects which aggravate me and the fleece helps to protect my lovely little budding plants from these predators which are a terrible nuisance, I find.

I have just used some more of this on my little baby peas and I like it because it also helps to keep the frost out, but not all of it. I bought mine by the metre from Dobbies, the Garden Centre when my daughter took me a few years back. This goes to show how long this lovely fleece lasts for. I sometimes double it over into two during the winter months if I know we are going to have a bad winter and a lot of frosts and this helps to protect my crops even better than when it is put on singly.

It is green in colour and quite fibrous but lovely and lightweight. It is better if you put this on your crops though when the weather is steady and not windy because it blows away and you have to catch it. I keep it in place around the edges of my raised beds with bricks and this does the job, I find. I am finding that the other people at my allotment are now using this Greenacres fleece because I have convinced them it is the best I think. It cost about £3 a meter when I bought it but it can be reused year in and year out and is so well made it just lasts a long time.

It is a lovely fleece and I recommend it to you.

• Coloneljohn published 13/05/2012
    Very handy. John
  • mumsymary published 30/04/2012
    Not sure what make my fleece is