Grolier.com

Review of "Grolier.com"

published 05/10/2008 | emmalouise2004
Member since : 13/02/2004
Pro NOT ONE!!
Cons Stress, time consuming, terrible customer service, very frustrating!
Variety on offer
Catalogue
Purchase obligations

"Grolier - Don't fall for it!!"

About 3 months ago i purchased a magazine with a flyer in for Grolier books. It said i could get a welcome pack with 2 free bob the builder books and dvd's and in with these would come the next 2 in the series for me to look at. If i liked them and wanted to keep the books i would be charged for them and would recieve the rest of the set, 2 books at a time, every 4 weeks or so. Sounds good i though, 2 free books, nothing to pay and no commitment unless i want it. I sent off my details.
About a month later i hadn't received the first pack with the free books but in the post came the next 2 books with a statement which charged for the 2 books that should have been in with the free ones. The ones that had never arrived. I logged onto the website, registered my details, its the only way you can email them and phoning costs money, and sent them an email. I received no reply but a few days later i did get a prepaid postage label so assumed i should send back the books i had. I did this that day.
Roughly 4 weeks on i went onto the website again, my account now had charges for the welcome pack books that had never arrived and the books that i had returned. I emailed and asked what was going on and explained the situation. I got an email back stating that they couldn't find the books i had returned and wouldn't credit my account without proof of postage. I replied stating this was fine and where should i send the proof. I heard no more.
About 2 weeks later i got another email saying he had noticed i had emailed customer services and had my problem been resolved. I again replied explaining the whole sorry tale and asking again where i should send the proof of postage. Guess what, i got no reply!
This morning i logged onto the Grolier website. My account has now got charges of over £30 on it including a late payment charge. So i not only have not one item that is from Grolier but i owe them £30+ for the priviledge of not having anything from them. Rest assured another email has been sent off this morning.
I am at the point of pulling my hair out!!
Take heed and steer clear of Grolier at all costs!!