Guild DCE1 Acoustic Electric Guitar

Guild DCE1 Acoustic Electric Guitar

Acoustic Electric Guitar

Review of "Guild DCE1 Acoustic Electric Guitar"

published 28/05/2008 | joewcarpenter
Member since : 26/05/2008
Good
Pro Nice tone
Cons Huge action
Quality of sound
Quality of amplified sound
How well constructed is it?
Appearance

"Fairly average..."

This is a great guitar for the price it costs, however there are some flaws which have lead me to sell mine! It has a comparatively huge action and so has a habit of mashing your finger tips, and for some reason unknown to me there is something about it that causes my strings to break, which does not occur so frequently on my other guitars. it is a nice enough colour, although i believe it comes in many different colours (mine is a red-sunburst) and is a nice shape.

Although comparatively cheap, it does produce a very nice tone!

Personally i would advise that unless you are only looking for a beginners instrument (or you are short of cash!), you would be better off with something a little more expensive!

Big love. Joe

• Red-blood-Black-heart published 30/05/2008
    Good review, I only have 1 acoustic guitar which Is what I started of with then I swiched to electric guitars I find them much better
  • joannavos published 28/05/2008
    You can always get the action lowered. That's what my other half did with a Turner he bought last week. Good review, though bit more detail would make it better. Jo.