HP 504A - black - original - LaserJet - toner cartridge ( CE250A ) (CE250A)

HP 504A - black - original - LaserJet - toner cartridge ( CE250A ) (CE250A)

Get exceptional reliability and easy, brilliant color printing with HP's ColorSphere cartridges. Nothing comes closer to perfect printing.

Review of "HP 504A - black - original - LaserJet - toner cartridge ( CE250A ) (CE250A)"

published 25/05/2016 | bexx0907
Member since : 23/06/2009
Many thanks for all the R/R/C's, all much appreciated! Try to ensure I return the favour for all, but if I do miss you then give me a shout so I can get onto it!
Pro Excellent quality, lasts well
Cons Expensive
Reliability
Ease of Use

"HP CE250A Black Toner Cartridge"

At work I share a printer with 5 work colleagues and so our printer is in use pretty much all day every day so we needed a printer where the ink wouldn’t run out every 5 minutes and the printer we use now takes cartridges from the HP range, with the black ink being product code CE250A.

Each of the four colours (black, cyan, magenta and yellow) come as separate cartridges and I have to say these cartridges are some of the biggest I have ever seen. The black cartridge comes in a large box with the HP logo and product code clearly labelled on the front of the box.

Inside, you certainly can’t say the product isn’t well protected! On the cartridge itself there are a couple of orange plastic pieces to protect the cartridge that need to be removed before use. The cartridge is then wrapped in a thick plastic wrapping and is then held in place in the box with two thick cardboard inserts so it certainly won’t break or move around in the box causing any ink to spill out.

The cartridge is easy to insert into our printer and I have never had an issue yet with the job being messy and ink spilling out.

As for its usage, presumably due to its size, this cartridge lasts quite well. We obviously have to replace the black cartridge far more than we do the other three colours, but even this one lasts quite well as we tend to have to replace it around every 3-4 weeks or so, which may not sound a lot but considering it is in constant use, including printing over 100 invoices a day and over 600 customer statements at the end of the month, then I personally think that is pretty good going!

The quality of the cartridge is excellent, but then I have always found this with any genuine HP product. The ink is sharp and clear and even when it is nearing the end of its life, the ink doesn’t fade at all which I think proves its quality and you only know it has run out when the printer tells you it’s time to replace it.

As I don’t personally pay for this product, I have looked up the retail price of this cartridge for the purpose of this review and was quite surprised to find you can purchase it for around £32. Yes, this is expensive for one printer cartridge but due to its size, I had actually expected it to be more around the £50 mark so for me, this is really good value for money as we get a lot of printing out of it and the quality is always good too.

Overall, we have never had any issues with these cartridges as they produce excellent results and last well. They may not be cheap, but you get what you pay for and I personally can’t find anything negative to say about this cartridge and so therefore it comes with a recommendation from me.

• danielclark691 published 09/11/2016
    vh
  • love0143 published 27/06/2016
    vh
  • MsTricia published 14/06/2016
    well reviewed x

Product Information : HP 504A - black - original - LaserJet - toner cartridge ( CE250A ) (CE250A)

Product Description: HP 504A - black - original - LaserJet - toner cartridge ( CE250A )

Consumable Type: Toner cartridge

Printing Technology: Laser

HP Sub-brand: LaserJet

Printing Colour: Black

Cartridge Features: HP ColorSphere

Duty Cycle: Up to 5000 pages ISO/IEC 19798

Designed For: Color LaserJet CM3530 MFP, CM3530fs MFP, CP3525, CP3525dn, CP3525n, CP3525x

General

Included Qty: 1-pack

Cartridge Features: HP ColorSphere

Duty Cycle: Up to 5000 pages ISO/IEC 19798

Compatibility Information

Designed For: HP Color LaserJet CM3530 MFP, CM3530fs MFP, CP3525, CP3525dn, CP3525n, CP3525x

Listed on Ciao since: 20/10/2008