linzee_lo... 4

linzee_loulabelle

About me: Thank you so much for any E given on a review! I appreciate them so much! Wow... Gold finally! https://mehimthedo gandababy.wordpress.com/

Member since:26.11.2004

A good all in one printer

31.12.2013

Advantages:
Cheap, prints quite quickly

Disadvantages:
Scanning

Picture quality

Printing speed

Colour sensitivity

Value For Money

ReliabilityGood

DesignGood

Range of extra features / functionsGood

Instruction manualGood

1. danielclark691
  2. Chippytarka
  3. Coloneljohn
  1. hiker

While I was at university, I had an all in one printer but gave it to my Mum as I had no way of carting it from Nottingham to Norfolk. When my computer broke at work, I had no way of printing out things I really needed. So, I decided to buy a new printer for home in case this ever happened again. This way, I knew Iíd always be able to print what I needed for work without having to worry. I didnít want to spent a fortune though as I knew I wouldnít be using it all of the time.

I went for the HP Deskjet 1510 All-In-One Printer as it was £39.99 on Amazon and it seemed like the ink wasnít as expensive for this printer as it was for other models. The printer comes with one black and one colour ink anyway, as well as power supply and cord, software CD and set up guide. It does not, however, come with the cable needed to connect it to a PC or laptop. I really donít understand how products are sold nowadays without the necessary things to be able to actually use it. Anyway, youíll need to buy a connector cable with this printer.

The printer comes in a massive box which is only fair because the printer is quite bulky. There are a couple of pieces of tape to remove and a couple of bits to push into place before you can use the printer. All in all though, this one is really easy to set up. After plugging in the power supply and cord, you can run the software CD then connect the printer to the PC or laptop. After youíve done this, the printer is set up and ready to go. This printer doesnít do wireless printing so you will definitely be needing that cable.

The printer has four buttons on the top which are; on, black and white copy, colour copy and a warning light for when ink is low or there is a paper jam. As well on the top of the printer is where the paper goes. There is black tray that sits upright but can also be folded down to save on space when the printer is not in use. At the front of the printer at the bottom is another tray, which folds down and this is where the paper comes out once something is printed. This is also where you are able to open up the printer in order to change the ink. This printer is pretty simple in design and easy to use.

What surprised me about this printer, considering the price, is how quick and quiet it is to use. I was expecting printing to be really loud and to take quite some time. My printer at work is extremely fast and I wasnít expecting anything near that speed with this one but it is still really good. The actual speed is seven pages per minute black and white and four pages per minute for colour printing. Donít get me wrong, this isnít the fastest printer in the world but if youíre just printing out occasionally like I do, it is good enough.

You can also copy and scan with this printer and although I donít use these features much, I have done a couple of times. Copying takes a fair bit longer as the printer needs to process what it is copying but it does copy in good quality. The scanning feature isnít quite as good though as the quality could be much clearer. However, as I wonít be using these features too much, it doesnít matter too much for me. But, if you want a printer that does all three things well, I would probably spend a bit more on one.

For us, this is a great printer and does what we need it to do well. For the price, I am quite happy and would recommend this printer for those who need to only print occasionally.

Write your own review Write a review and you will earn 2p per rating if other members rate your review at least helpful. Write a review and you will earn 2p per rating if other members rate your review at least helpful.   Report a problem with this reviewís content

danielclark691 14.03.2016 09:36

vh

80smusicreviewer 15.01.2014 12:40

Well reviewed. E.

Coloneljohn 03.01.2014 08:12

Sounds good, and not too expensive either. John