Review of "HP Deskjet 1510 All-In-One Printer"

published 31/12/2013 | linzee_loulabelle
Member since : 26/11/2004
Thank you so much for any E given on a review! I appreciate them so much! Wow... Gold finally! mehimthedogandababy.com
Pro Cheap, prints quite quickly
Cons Scanning
Picture quality
Printing speed
Colour sensitivity
Reliability

"A good all in one printer"

While I was at university, I had an all in one printer but gave it to my Mum as I had no way of carting it from Nottingham to Norfolk. When my computer broke at work, I had no way of printing out things I really needed. So, I decided to buy a new printer for home in case this ever happened again. This way, I knew I’d always be able to print what I needed for work without having to worry. I didn’t want to spent a fortune though as I knew I wouldn’t be using it all of the time.

I went for the HP Deskjet 1510 All-In-One Printer as it was £39.99 on Amazon and it seemed like the ink wasn’t as expensive for this printer as it was for other models. The printer comes with one black and one colour ink anyway, as well as power supply and cord, software CD and set up guide. It does not, however, come with the cable needed to connect it to a PC or laptop. I really don’t understand how products are sold nowadays without the necessary things to be able to actually use it. Anyway, you’ll need to buy a connector cable with this printer.

The printer comes in a massive box which is only fair because the printer is quite bulky. There are a couple of pieces of tape to remove and a couple of bits to push into place before you can use the printer. All in all though, this one is really easy to set up. After plugging in the power supply and cord, you can run the software CD then connect the printer to the PC or laptop. After you’ve done this, the printer is set up and ready to go. This printer doesn’t do wireless printing so you will definitely be needing that cable.

The printer has four buttons on the top which are; on, black and white copy, colour copy and a warning light for when ink is low or there is a paper jam. As well on the top of the printer is where the paper goes. There is black tray that sits upright but can also be folded down to save on space when the printer is not in use. At the front of the printer at the bottom is another tray, which folds down and this is where the paper comes out once something is printed. This is also where you are able to open up the printer in order to change the ink. This printer is pretty simple in design and easy to use.

What surprised me about this printer, considering the price, is how quick and quiet it is to use. I was expecting printing to be really loud and to take quite some time. My printer at work is extremely fast and I wasn’t expecting anything near that speed with this one but it is still really good. The actual speed is seven pages per minute black and white and four pages per minute for colour printing. Don’t get me wrong, this isn’t the fastest printer in the world but if you’re just printing out occasionally like I do, it is good enough.

You can also copy and scan with this printer and although I don’t use these features much, I have done a couple of times. Copying takes a fair bit longer as the printer needs to process what it is copying but it does copy in good quality. The scanning feature isn’t quite as good though as the quality could be much clearer. However, as I won’t be using these features too much, it doesn’t matter too much for me. But, if you want a printer that does all three things well, I would probably spend a bit more on one.

For us, this is a great printer and does what we need it to do well. For the price, I am quite happy and would recommend this printer for those who need to only print occasionally.

• danielclark691 published 14/03/2016
    vh
  • 80smusicreviewer published 15/01/2014
    Well reviewed. E.
  • Coloneljohn published 03/01/2014
    Sounds good, and not too expensive either. John