Review of "HP Deskjet 3050A"

published 19/02/2012 | Tristan009
Member since : 15/11/2011
Big fan of stories - I review books, films and games!
Pro easy to use, fast, triple use (print/scan/copy)
Cons ink cartridges
Picture quality
Printing speed
Colour sensitivity
Reliability

"A Great Range of Features"

The HP Deskjet 3050 is a simply brilliant machine - at an affordable price.

We got ours a year or two ago, and it has never broken down or had to be sent for repairs. The only problem we've had is with finding its exclusive J610 ink cartridges - one that was remedied with a simple look on Amazon!

Previously, our printer had only been able to photocopy and print, but having the scanning ability really helps with work. It has enabled me to quickly share work with others on the same assignments as me, reducing paper usage and allowing a much easier point of contact through emailing the 'sheets'.

When scanning and photocopying, it's pretty fast. A quick 10-second swipe is enough for it to accurately recreate the sheet you're scanning.

And of course - the print quality. Whilst it's probably not going to amaze professional photographers, I think that the colours are wonderfully clear. I usually print black-and-white Word Documents, and its speed is such that it can rattle off a sheet of text every few seconds.

The printer has a screen with a few options and buttons, and it is easy to select your 'mode'. Furthermore, the screen can display different options, such as printing off an alignment page when refilling paper/ink.

Finally - the price. The 3050 retails at £40, making it a printer that gives decent quality for hardly any money. It's a great one for students, and its nice array of features will satisfy all but the most avid photographer.

• catsholiday published 19/02/2012
    We have an HP too and it has been reliable for 6 years now
  • silverstreak published 19/02/2012
    We have one of these - good to know they last well.