HP Everyday Semi Gloss Photo Paper

HP Everyday Semi Gloss Photo Paper

Photo Paper - Semi Gloss - Everyday

Review of "HP Everyday Semi Gloss Photo Paper"

published 17/06/2011 | RosesAreRed1207
Member since : 11/05/2011
Back from holiday with a new username to match my blog, check it out!
Pro reliable
Cons price
Picture Quality

"Everyday i'm shuffling"

I bought this paper because it was on offer at Staples. I paid £8.99 for it and though that this was a reasonable price to pay for 100 sheets as it worked out at less than 10p per sheet and it was A4 which was perfect for what I needed it for. I organised a charity auction and wanted to make a leaflet that contained a list of products on offer and some information about them. I thought that semi - gloss paper would be the most appropriate medium when looking at printing images as well as text. The price of the paper was also important as it was taken out of our budget!

*Price and availability*

The paper is priced around £10.00. Amazon have it for £11.27 and there is someone on the marketplace selling it for £8.87. I would shop about for the paper and try not pay more than 10p a sheet.

*Description*

The paper is standard A4 size which is 210 x 297 mm. Under the naked eye the paper looks a lot more glossy than average A4 paper but is not as glossy as photograph paper. I have previously had problems printing text on high gloss paper which is not something I experienced with this paper.

The other side of the paper is not glossy so it is important to make sure you put the paper the right way up in the printer. The paper is designed for ink jet printers and has a weight of 170 g/m2. For my purpose the paper was perfect, there was enough substance to the sheet to make it look professional but was not too thick to prevent it from creasing neatly into the leaflet shape.

*My opinion*

The paper is very good quality, but it is what it describes itself to be, a semi-gloss paper. I would not choose it for printing photographs on unless I was experimenting with seeing how different images came out. Photograph paper is very expensive so this paper could provide a cheap alternative if you really wanted some hard copies of your images.

I was very happy with the quality of the leaflets, the images looked perfect on the paper. The lines were crisp and the images had depth. The text was given a new dimension on the glossy paper. The paper is affordable and reliable.
I will be buying this paper again in the future.

• morticiaaddams published 17/06/2011
    Sounds like a good product. Nice review!