HP G56

HP G56

Screen Size: 15.6 in - AMD Athlon II Dual-Core - HDD: 250 - Windows 7 Home Premium

Review of "HP G56"

published 19/04/2011 | Coconut_Cream101
Member since : 04/07/2010
Pro Look, memory and speed.
Cons None really.
Speed
Look & Feel
Memory / capacity
Comfort & Portability
Robustness & Durability

"A little Piece of My Heart- HP G56."

Now, the main things I look for when buying a new computer is: 1: price and 2: memory. This laptop really was the best of both costing £399 in PC world with a hard drive of 500GB. This is more than enough space for my music and school work. I have only recently bought this computer, last week infact and it really is worth every penny I paid. HP have always been a reliable source for printer, but I have never considered them a good laptop brand, that is before I bought one.

*-*-*General info about the laptop-*-*-*

The laptop is black with lsome light up buttons to help with the function of the laptop. The main button I have found useful is the wireless key. It is under f12 with an image of a wireless tower above it, showing wether your wireless is working or not. It will flash white when you are connected, red when signal is low and not at all if you are not connecte. Like most laptops this one has a touch function mouse keypad. It is touch pad enabling you to move your cursor around the screen without having to use a USB mouse. There are two buttons which function as the left and right click on a mouse, or you can just double click on the touch pad and it works the same as left click. One thing I find useful about this laptop is the keyboard. It is really handy and is just easy to navigate around. The layout is normal and is in standard English with the function keys surrounding it. I like the shortcut keys that are supplied on the keyboard, for example the calculator button takes you straight to the calculator without having to go on the main menu to select it from all programs. This is a very helpful tool for me as I am a student studying mathematics and it is very easy to use.

The screen is 15" LCD and is very clear with a graphics layout of 64 bit. This is a relatively new and popular screen resolution which enables the images on the screen to appear clear with a good balace of contrast and brightness. The homepage of the laptop has a clear and easily accessible layout which enables you to navigate around the screen with full confidence that you know what you are doing.
The toolbar at the bottom has a few shortcuts that pop up with notifications from your anitvirus and MSN etc. The laptop comes with a 60 Norton antivirus subscription and a 2011 microsoft word starter pack. I really found this useful as it saves a lot of money and time having to buy and install products.

The internet connection for this laptop is excellent. It automatically connects you to your preffered wireless network or cable network that you have installed. Although the wirless network range is not very high the computer does sustain good levels of communication and is very easy to work your way round the settings with this computer. I do find some of the settings for this computer a little confusing, but that is probably because I don't know much about laptops in general.
The memory of this product I feel is excellent. It has a hard drive of 500GB which I feel is more than enough but will probably be used up by programs that I will install in the future. The RAM memory in this computer is 3GB which is also very good and I like having lots of memory available as the more programs you download to your computer the smaller the memory gets, slowing the computer down more.

The computer has a 0.3MP webcam which, to be quite honest isn't amazing but it is a camera which has the capability to record videos and take photographs while being able to use it on MSN conversations and online web chats. I do like the webcam on this computer because it is powered by CyberLink YouCam which is installed on all HP computer as a webcam program. I think this is very useful because it enables you to change the resolutions of the images you are taking and vary the levels of effects that you add while being able to change the pictures by adding emticons to them, making it more actively fun!

The laptop has a recording microphone which is really good at picking up sounds clearly. I tested it out the other day and was really surprised by the quality of the recording, it also enables you to upload that recording straight to any social netorking site you wish to. There really hasn't been any faults with the product so far and I hope that there won't be any in the future.

*-*-*USB and charging-*-*-*

The laptop has three USB sockets that you can add removable disks to ( phones, cameras and printers etc.)
The battery life for the laptop lasts for around 6 hours which I felt was really good when you take it out. I do find that the screens brightness changes when it is not plugged in and this is a little annoying although when you plug it in the brigthness is really high. I like that the battery in the corner of the screen lights up when it is charging and that it tells you when the battery is full. The charger is very compact with a little velcro belt that ties it up for easy access of mobility.

*-*-*-Overall Opinion-*-*-*-
I love my latop with a passion and will continue to love it until it is no more. I have only recently had this product and I do think of it as a little piece of my heart as I use it so much. I really recommend it to anyone who loves computers as I am beginning to think of mine as an obsession. They are available from most good PC retailers incuding PC world, Curry's and Argos. If you type in HP G56 into Google there will be lots more information if I have not covered evrything. Thank you for reading this review Really I just love it!